Friday, December 14, 2012


December 14 - Okay, it looks like I'll be running out of pain meds this weekend. Which sucks for my Tuesday appointment but is good since I've been stressing about whether I'm addicted or not. I won't be calling in for a refill so we'll see how next week goes. I made sure to give my boss a head's up. I was thinking along the lines of bursting into tears or something. He told me to try "try really hard to play nice with your coworkers". Say what? Guess he thinks I'm going to be angry? Either way, nice show of compassion boss guy. Not.

Never got a call back from Dr. A. I'm thinking she's done with me at this point. Or maybe she doesn't want to waster any more time with me until after my appointment with Dr. C. Who knows. I'm pretty much resigning myself to having thrush for the rest of my life at this point. Bleah.

I researched the green milkshakes. It IS MickeyD's. Turns out the shakes have a bit of a cult following too because they are not sold by all MickeyD locations. They have an entire website dedicated to Shamrock Shake sightings. How weird is that? So starting the first week in March, I will be on the lookout for these shakes.

This week I have put pressure on myself to try out new foods. Wednesday for lunch was a chocolate cream pie. Didn't taste good but I was able to eat it because it's basically just pudding and whipped cream. Yay. Wednesday for dinner was pizza. Managed half a slice. Didn't taste good and was difficult to swallow. Thursday for lunch was a cannoli. Two bites glued to the roof of my mouth. Thursday for dinner was nachos. Managed to eat a handful. Didn't taste good and had to chew the chips REALLY well. Today was our holiday outing at work. We went to Next Door Grill from 12:00 - 3:00. I nibbled on a little of EVERYthing they served. My favorite were the toasted bread disks with the crumbly blue cheese. The bread disks were crunchy but they totally disinegrated upon chewing which made them easy to swallow and the blue cheese actually tasted like blue cheese. Are you seeing the cheese theme this week? I always say that steak and sushi are my all time fave foods but I think it's actually cheese. Here's a pic of Leo and I at the shindig. This was taken with the new digital camera I bought myself for Christmas. It was supposed to get wrapped and put under the tree but.......


That's pretty much all that's going on with the health stuff for now. I'll report back in after my Tuesday appointment. In other news, I'm happy to report that my man-servant finally came back to work. He's been here the past 3 nights and stuff is really getting done! My curtains are finally hung in the kitchen, the phone lines throughout the house have been fixed, more demolition has occurred in the basement, and right now my ceiling fan for the family room is getting hung.

My big winter project (with the man-servant's help) is to get the rest of the main floor remodeled. My office will stay an office but it will be a much nicer one. The other spare bedroom is going to become a walk-in closet/dressing room for me because hey, I can. And the family room out back is going to be turned into a reading nook with a gas fireplace and everything. Woo hoo! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment