Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2

I'm sitting in my chemo pod receiving my very last chemo treatment. Yay! How exciting is that?!? The end is in sight!!

So my Thanksgiving was wonderful! How was yours? Surrounded by good food and lots of love I hope! Baby doll and I had a very relaxed day. He sat around watching football and I bebopped around cooking and cleaning. Every once in a while I would pop into the living room, snuggle up on the couch next to him, and take a little nap. It was so decadent. Would that every day could be like that. Dinner was served around 5:30. I kept it simple. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and two types of stuffing. Baby doll was in heaven. I ended up going up to bed before him. His beloved Stellers were playing the late game. I had picked whoever they were playing against in the football pool for the week. I think baby doll was a little disgusted with me for not supporting his team. I'd like to see where it says in the girfriend contract that that's a necessity. On top of that, I'd like to point out, my team won. ;-P

It was off to radiation as usual on Friday morning. I was surprised  that the roads were totally barren. I expected major traffic for the Black Friday deals. Maybe I missed the rush or maybe everyone was out on Thursday night this year! Anywho, I had no plan to go shopping that day but when I got home I did my daily check on the SEars website to look at the fridge I had fallen madly in love with. It was on sale!! It was even cheaper than the original sale when I had first seen it 3-4 weeks ago! So I immediately buzzed over to Sears and bought it. Woo hoo!

Saturday I woke up with some energy. I was up cleaning house, doing laundry, etc. I was showered and raring to go at 9:00 am. I went upstairs to let baby doll know I was going shopping. I asked him if he wanted to come with or if he wanted to sleep in some more. Turns out he was up for some shopping as well so he took a quick shower and we were out of there. We had a time limit though because my new fridge was being delivered between 1:45 and 3:45. Yeah, talk about a fast turnaround on that purchase! So, we hit Kohl's where I had seen an ad for a hoodie that I thought his daughter would like. Then while he was still browsing over there (man, he can spend some major time browsing!), I walked over to Target and found a cute gift for his niece. We then had just enough time to stop at Sears to look at TV's. He and I became mesmerised by a 60" Smart LED flat screen made by Sharp. I was a little hesitant because all of the research I've done has been for Samsung and LG, I have no idea what the Sharp brand is all about. But in the end, it was a gorgeous TV so I bit the bullet and bought it along with a surround sound system and full installation done by Sears. It was a hefty price tag but I think it's going to be SO worth it. I scheduled to have it installed on December 10th, the day after my last radiation treatment. Talk about celebrating! (It's Sammy's birthday that day too so I'll be thinking of her as my huge ass TV arrives!) Baby doll is so excited. As soon as we got back home he started measuring the wall to see how big it was going to be and he's thinking about pitching in some money to have my cable upgraded from the basic 22 channel package that I have now. He said that I'm never going to be able to get him out of my house once that thing is installed. LOL!

My fridge arrived a little late but it's gorgeous. Well worth the money I paid for it. My old fridge was moved into the basement to handle any overflow food that happens. I might even move my beer down there and get rid of the dinosaur in the garage that currently houses my beer.

Saturday night I ran out of pain meds. This is never a good thing. I wasn't scheduled to get more until Monday morning but I hopped on line and saw that the hospital pharmacy was open from 9:00 - 1:00 on Sunday. Needless to say, I was in the waiting area at 8:50 Sunday morning. Thankfully, they let me pick up the meds a day early. I was a hurting unit. Things are getting rough here at the end of treatments.

Sunday afternoon my friend Toby popped over to see me. He had remembered that I had requested a new lucky cat the next time he was in Asia. He couldn't find one the last time he went and brought me back a beautiful jade Buddha instead. He found one this time around though. It's even better than the normal statue that I was expecting too. It's actaully a tea cup that you can flip over and it becomes a lucky cat statue. It's the cutest thing ever! I love it! He also brought back a good fortune charm from our Asian sales guy, Nobu. I'm supposed to keep it in my pocket and it will attract good fortune to me. How sweet are the guys I work with? I love them all so much!

Laster on yesterday afternoon baby doll came over with his daughter, Jessica. We went to a tree farm out and Webster and picked out a Christmas tree for my living room. We then brought it home and baby doll strung it with lights. Then baby doll and Jessica decorated it for me with some Christmas tunes playing in the background. It was very Norman Rockwell. Well, except for Itty taking the decorations off the bottom of the tree as fast as they were putting them up. Jessica got a huge kick out of Itty. He really has 10x more personality than a cat should be allowed to have. Which of course makes tonight all that much more interesting when I pick up the three new members of our household. I think things are going to be in an uproar for a few weeks! Anyway, I made baby doll and Jessica some dinner and they had some fun playing with my text to speech program, then baby doll took Jessica back home. It was a good first time visit.

So, that brings us to today. I realize that there wasn't a lot about my health in this blog. I don't have much to report. I've been managing the mouth pain. Nothing new has cropped up. The fistula has been bothering me a little. Sometimes at night some spit will go down the wrong way and I wake up choking but it's not that big of a deal. Next Monday is the end to all of this nastiness. I got permission from the cancer team to go back to work on January 13th. I sent a note to HR. I'm waiting to hear if my workplace actually wants me back. I sure hope so!!

So, the next time I talk to you I should be done with treatments and on the road to recovery...again. Talk to you then!




No comments:

Post a Comment