Tuesday, April 16, 2013

April 16 - Okay, procrastinator that I am, I just finally called in the prescription for thrush today. I will pick it up after work tomorrow. Eating is becoming really problematic. I choked on dinner last night and I choked on lunch today. I really have to get this swelling to go back down! My appointment with Dr. C is this Thursday. I'm going to see if ongoing thrush is normal in regards to his other patients.......and see if there's anything else I could be doing to combat it or if it's just a waiting game.

My knee is still slightly tweaked. Castor oil did not help. I called off yoga again tonight and I did, indeed, let Suzanne know that I'm done for the spring/summer season at this point.

I'm not sure I'm digging my birth control implant. I feel like I'm on the edge of tears fairly regularly which is absolutely no fun. A couple of friends said to give it time, I should get used to it and my emotions should even out. So, I'm riding the waves of being blue the best that I can. I really hate being a girl.

I also seem to be having a mild allergic reaction to something. My chest and ribcage area has a slight, itchy rash going on. I'm still investigating the root cause of that as well.

Did I complain yet that my nose runs every time I eat? How weird is that? It's not like I'm eating anything spicy, because hey, my tongue can't handle that right now. It's just the act of chewing up food and swallowing that seems to cause my nose to run. The human body is baffling.

Scott was saying that he can tell golf season has started because the top of his head is now sunburned. This got me wondering if my lovely thinning hair is going to allow that to happen as well. Thank goodness I now own an incredibly cute, pink Yankees hat. I'll be sure to wear it while I'm golfing in a couple of weeks!

Improvements:
- Thrush sucks. Prescription pickup happens tomorrow.
- Lack of spit still making eating somewhat difficult but it's getting better.
- Bullfrog effect still happening in the morning and when I eat salty foods.
- Garbled talking - The thrush swelling my tongue makes it much worse but when I saw Sammy this past Sunday she said I sounded even better than when she saw me a month or so ago so it would seem improvement is still happening.
- Partial taste buds - Some sweet stuff I can get a hint of, other sweet stuff not at all. I'm still trying to figure out why. At first I thought it was processed sugar versus natural sweeteners like honey but I can taste some processed sugars, so I'm still trying to figure it out.
-Still losing hair but it has definitely slowed down at this point.


Fun stuff:


The trip to Cleveland was fantastic! Although the game actually got rained out. But honestly, I could sit in the backyard watching grass grow with my honey-bunny and it would be the best time ever. What can I say, I simply enjoy spending time with him! We went to the Cleveland zoo on Friday, which I highly recommend. It was huge and beautiful! So huge though that we were wiped out and starving by 2:30 in the afternoon (and we didn't even see it all!) so we stopped at an Applebee's and then headed home. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame will have to wait until some other time.




Saturday morning I painted all of the gum shoe and baseboards that had been delivered. Saturday evening I helped celebrate Scott's niece's birthday. Her 2 1/2 year old daughter, Addison, was totally cracking me up. She had me doing the itsy, bitsy spider with her except I couldn't get the fingers right for when the spider was climbing! Who knew you needed to be talented to execute a children's song!

Sunday I was off to Liverpool to hit Destiny Mall with Sam. We had a blast on the Canyon Climb. We spent a good hour traipsing around on the obstacles far above the ground and then shopped our little hearts out. Another personality change has come to light, I now seem to be digging dresses. I've never been a dress girl in my life but I bought (2) on this shopping spree to go along with the handful of others I've purchased over the past few months. I think this is going to be the summer of dresses!

Tomorrow my hardwoods get installed. I'm super psyched!!

Friday night Patilda and T come into town. Patilda and I are running the Color Vibe 5K on Saturday morning (knee willing, of course) and then I have tickets for the 3 of us to go see Wicked on Saturday night. Then on Sunday night I'm having dinner with Kit and our good friend Dohi-san from Japan.

Busy, busy weekend as usual! I've started making myself pause for a few seconds before agreeing/signing up for new plans. As excited as I get about all the fun and interesting things there are to do out there in the world, sometimes I need to stop, take a breath, and be still with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment