Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 1 - I have an improvement to announce! Woo hoo! For the past week now, I have not had to clean the drain in the shower multiple times to keep the water from backing up. My hair has FINALLY stopped falling out by the handful! Thank god! I also noticed that the crown of my head is not the only place where I have an alfalfa going on. I wore my hair up in a ponytail last weekend to golf and when I went to the bathroom at Applebee's, I noticed there are 1 inch long tufts sticking out all over my head. This is awesome that my hair is coming back in although I'm going to have to talk to my hairdresser about exactly how we're going to blend this strange layered look I'll have going on for the next year or two. :-)

I ran my 5k this past Sunday. It sucked but I did it. I ran 3.1 miles this morning in my neighborhood and it was awesome! Not sure what the difference was. Possibly my eating habits. Or maybe it's because Sunday morning I was freezing my ass off and this morning I ran in a short sleeved tech shirt because it was beautiful out! Or maybe it was because I had only run once between the Color Vibe 5k and the Flower City 5K.......

Scott and I did, indeed, sign up for the Run for Fun on May 11th. I'm going to try to get out running more than once a week from here on out so that it hopefully won't suck like this last one.

That's about it on the health front. I'm super psyched to be taking something permanently off my list down below! At some point everything HAS to come off the list, right?

Improvements:
- Thrush sucks.
- Spit production probably around 50% at this point.
- Bullfrog effect still happening.
- Garbled talking.
- Partial taste buds - Sweet is around 15% right now.


Fun stuff:


Scott and I had a blast playing 18 holes this past Saturday. It was fabulous weather! I got to use the new clubs that Sandi gave me for the first time. Needless to say, I really sucked with them. I'm told it takes a bit to adjust to new clubs. I'm off to the driving range today with Hoyng at lunch to get a little more practice with them because tomorrow night kicks off my golf league! I'm both excited and nervous. The last time I was on a golf league (~15 years ago) I found that the disparate levels of play of the women in the league caused quite a bit of tension and sapped a lot of the fun out of it. I'm hoping this league isn't like that.


This Friday I'm getting a new mattress delivered. Finally. I've been sleeping on the same mattress for 25 years now. To say that it's beat is putting it mildly. I've been noticing bruising at the top of my back lately and I think it's because my backbone is now all knobby and there's not enough cushion left on my mattress to protect me! Guess I'll find out this weekend if that's what's causing it.


Saturday I will be spending the day at the Browncroft Neighborhood Garage Sale. They already have 97 houses in the neighborhood signed up! I love bargain hunting! Sunday I'll be exploring Highland Park with my Meetup Group and enjoying a picnic in the park afterwards. Other than that, with all this gorgeous weather we've been having, I've been spending a lot of time on my patio, in the hammock that I received as a thank you gift for doing a good job on our software upgrade at work. I'll try to get a picture of it to post for next time. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment