Tuesday, May 28, 2013

May 28 - Thought I should go ahead and report in on the doctor visit. Both Dr. S and the intern with her, were very young. I got to hear about the 20 different things that COULD be causing my continuous ear ache. Everything from depression, to a secondary illness related to the shingles, to TMJ, to a cold, to grinding my teeth, to.........., but in the end, they couldn't pin it down. Dr. S decided to put me on nose spray once a day for the next month. She said sometimes allergies cause the eustachian tube to get clogged which creates pressure, the nose spray will supposedly help unclog it, if that's the problem. She said if it's still aching a month from now to come back and we'll try something else. Luckily, I have an appointment with Dr. K on 6/19 so if my ear is still aching, I'll check in with her instead. Dr. S also told me the nose spray is a steroid which can cause thrush so I should be rinsing my mouth out after using it. She then commented that she sees no sign of thrush going on in my mouth right now. Say what? For a week and a half now, the swelling has been back, my mouth is bleeding like a stuck pig, my tongue is super sensitive, even to a little bit of salt........I think she's nuts. I almost broke down and took the thrush medicine today. Then I got all paranoid because I don't see any white spots on my tongue right now. Is this thrush stuff all in my head??

Whatever.

On a bright note, the intern told me that I have the most perfect ear drums she's ever seen. Ummmm...thanks? ;-)

The weight thing seems to have been a fluke. I weighed myself yesterday and was back down to 122.0. A six pound weight fluctuation seems a bit extreme to me. Not sure what's going on with that. Guess I'll continue to keep an eye on the fit of my pants. Meanwhile, does this mean I'm back to looking tragic??

My 'wondering about' topic for the week is, what's the difference between ibuprofen and acetaminophen? Three days before my surgery last July I was told to stop taking Advil and take Tylenol instead, if needed. I was NOT happy because the Tylenol wasn't doing crap for the pain in my tongue. Now, I've been taking Advil like crazy for my ear and it's been helping, but not totally alleviating the ache. I decided to switch to Excedrin and BAM. Totally makes the pain go away for a while. Medicine is weird.

On a funny note, I was complaining a while back in my blog that every time I eat, my nose now runs. Scott and I stopped by to visit my Mom and her husband on our way to Baltimore last week and we ate lunch with them. Both my Mom and her hubby had to blow their noses halfway through lunch! It's not just me!! Ha!

Tomorrow I'm getting my hair cut. Or maybe I should say I'm going to get some of the ratty ends trimmed off. Not a lot to cut right now. I can't wait to see what Jen, my hairdresser, says about all the 1 1/2" growth sprouting all over my head. She had told me that at one point she had shaved her head for a band that she was in. We'll see if she suggests anything outside of the box for me! :-)

Fun stuff!

Or actually, not so fun stuff. Kunkel mentioned to me this morning that one of the Royal Caribbean cruise ships caught fire last week! What the hell?! Scott and I specifically didn't book Carnival a) because we both want to try something new and different and b) because of all the trouble Carnival has been having with their ships! We thought we'd be safer with a different cruise line. Sheesh. Luckily we both know how to swim, and hey, if I have to get stranded on a deserted island with anyone, he'd be the number one choice in MY book. <3

The crab cakes turned out okay. I burnt the first two. Not sure how. It was my first time making them as well as my first time using a cast iron skillet. I now know better.

Star Trek was fantastic! I'm really loving these prequel movies. Last night Scott and I rented the very first Star Trek movie. I, of course, fell asleep halfway through, but I got the gist of it. I think tonight we'll be watching Wrath of Khan. Good stuff! Meanwhile, both After Earth and Now You See Me open this Friday, both of which I'm jonesing to see. Hmmmm....I wonder what my buddy RayB is doing this Sunday........

Sunday I spent the entire day working in my yard. I finished all of my weeding and mulching, mowed the lawn, trimmed some trees, transplanted some hastas, etc. This weekend I need to finish up the spring yard stuff by trimming the hedges, cleaning the gutters, and cleaning out the garage. I will then be ready for summer!

Yesterday was a blissfully perfect day. I fed my man breakfast and then it was off for a leisurely 18 holes of golf. Because it was Memorial Day, there were few people out golfing, and the weather was absolutely perfect, not too hot, not too cold. We both played terribly but enjoyed ourselves immensely. Four and a half hours later we were tired and hungry so we headed to Applebee's for dinner and then home to nap in my double-wide hammock for a couple of hours. It was the best day ever! So much so, that I stopped at the store today and bought a lottery ticket because I want to live that life every day!! LOL!


This Friday is the 98PXY Summer Jam. I have no man this weekend so my bud, Jamie, is going to the concert with me so that we can dance our asses off. Well, at least I'll be dancing. Jamie will probably be pointing and laughing. I'm also thinking about heading to Darien Lake either Saturday or Sunday. I'm totally jonesing for some roller coasters. I might post an outing on Rochester Meetups to see if anyone else is interested. Other than that, and the yard work, and the movies, I still need to finish pulling together my newly remodeled office. It's just been way too nice out to spend any time inside doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment