Monday, March 17, 2014

March 17

Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

So when things go downhill, they seem to go downhill pretty darned fast. I went to my HBO appointment on Thursday, came home and cooked up some lunch for my buddy Toby and we had a nice visit. He took off around 2:00 and I sacked out on the couch. The next thing I know, I woke up and it was 11:15 pm. WTH? And I felt like absolute crap. I dragged myself upstairs and crawled into bed, still fully clothed in jeans and a sweater. I got up with my alarm clock at 6:00 am on Friday morning and started taking care of the animals but didn't make it very far before I decided that there was definitely something not right with me. I went back to bed and pretty much stayed there until noon on Saturday. So I missed my HBO appointment, and my Dr. M appointment, and my Lizzett appointment.........I had a lot shaking on Friday and was NOT happy that it all got canceled. I don't even know what was wrong. I had crippling nausea. Like hunched over couldn't straighten up nausea and I felt like someone had taken a baseball bat to me. It was really weird. I was really worried it was the anti depressants since I took my first one Wednesday evening. But it's now Monday, I've continued taking them, and I'm once again fine, so I don't think that's what it was. Baby doll ended up getting sick Saturday afternoon, just as I started to feel better. I ended up not making him dinner because his stomach was bothering him too so maybe it was just a bug flying around?

I made sure I took it easy Saturday and Sunday, just in case. I had myself a movie weekend. I saw Out of the Furnace, Catching Fire, Thor: The Dark World, and Jack Reacher. 

I seem to be back up to snuff again today so fingers crossed that all is well. My Dr. M and Lizzett appts have been rescheduled for this Thursday and my HBO treatments resumed again today. Not sure if I'll be seeing those to the end or not. I'll have to see what Dr. M says about the screws sticking out of my neck on Thursday.

Today I stopped at the lab to give some blood and tonight I go see Dr. K, my PCP, to check my thyroid levels. See if we have found the right dosage yet or not. She also sent me an email as soon as Dr. Claire posted a note in my file about my depression, wanting to know if there was anything she could do. So, I'll probably talk to her about this Effexor stuff that Dr. Rob has me on. See what she thinks of it.

I have a couple of shout outs to give today. A big thank you to my friend Ginger for the note she sent. I hate that my friends struggle too but I feel better knowing that I'm not alone, and feel free to send any extra weight my way. I'll take it in a heartbeat, Smurfette! ;-)

I also want to thank JBB for releasing a paper lantern of my worries for me when she was over in Thailand. Every molecule of badness that I can slough off is worth its weight in diamonds! I hope some big pond carp gets fat on that ball of badness you got rid of!

In other news.........still waiting for my wine glass rack to be hung. Baby doll swears he'll get to it soon. We'll see how that goes. If I get impatient enough I can just hang it myself, the wrong way, and just hope it doesn't fall down any time soon, right?

Three of my bulb onions are now sprouted. Still no sign of the eggplant though. I'll have to go look at the seed packet again and make sure it said 7-14 days. Maybe it was one of the 14-21 day ones and I'm rushing the poor things. 

I finally finished my taxes today. They're doing something really interesting this year. You can actually get your federal refund back as a gift card to Amazon with 10% added on. How cool is that?? So, I was getting $229 back, I put $200 on a gift card so they'll actually send me a gift card for $220 and direct deposit the $29 into my checking account. It's a free $20! I'm so excited!

This Thursday is the first day of spring! Woo hoo! Jamie is coming over for dinner on Wednesday to celebrate Spring Eve on the grill. I had wanted to do it on Thursday, the day itself, but for the first time in a while, baby doll has a long weekend with his daughter. After Wednesday night I won't see him again until Sunday night. Sheesh! There's a Home and Garden Show this weekend that I want to go to. They have a demo of raised garden beds that I want to go check out. I asked Sushi Guy if he'd be interested in going. No word yet. If he's not interested, maybe Jamie will kindly be my date. There's wine tastings and food demonstrations (BBQ!), how can I not sucker someone into going with me?!?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment