Thursday, March 27, 2014

March 27

Hey, me not posting for a week is a GOOD thing. I'm back to feeling normal and have no need to babble every day to get stuff out of my head. :-)

I don't know if it's the meds kicking in, or the latest tweak made to my thyroid medication, or the arrival of warmer weather, or the consumption of real food..........but I'm a happy, energetic girl once again. Finding joy in the small things. It makes me laugh that when Ethan or Sterling come in from being outside for a couple of hours they need some immediate love-loves. Like I'm congratulating them for making it back home safely or something. They are some weird and funny cats. I love the feel of my incredibly sexy and sweet man pressed up against my side in bed at night. I enjoy chasing down a new low cal/fat recipe to surprise baby doll with for his drive to look super hot this summer in a bathing suit. I have fun sitting down and zoning out for a few hours playing my mindless little computer games. My recent favorite I found on Big Fish called Northern Tale. Dr. Singh's smile. My snowbells coming up. Amazon settling a court case and giving me an $80 credit towards free books. Life is good.

I forgot to mention one other thing that Dr. M is doing next Wednesday. He's going to stretch my esophagus. I've read a LOT about that procedure. I guess it's pretty normal for larys to have to go get it done. So, that's four action items for next week. Take out hardware from neck (jaw), fix ear tube, check TEP, and stretch esophagus.

Tomorrow I go get my PET scan. Yesterday morning I got a phone call talking about some appointment at 9:45 today. I knew I had a 9:15 and a 10:30, I didn't know anything about a 9:45. I then listened to the other two messages that were on my machine and the dimwit in Dr. M's office (Melissa) scheduled my PET scan for today. Even though my chart clearly shows I had 3 other appointments this morning. I was pissed. Baby doll called and got the PET scan moved to tomorrow for me but I'm just irritated by the total incompetence from some people. This isn't the first time she's double booked me. I heard they hired a new scheduler. I wish they would assign me to her. Maybe she'll be better.

Today I saw Dr. Singh. Nothing to report other than he's still adorable. I bumped into Joanna. She's happy that I gained some weight. More on that in a minute. I stopped in to see Jo Ann and drop off some long term disability paperwork to her. I picked up some ear drops. I got my port flushed and then had some blood taken for lab work and an EKG taken. Phew. It was a busy morning!

So I've been doing a smoothie or two every day for the past week now and I went from 107 up to 111! Woo hoo! And you wouldn't believe what I'm throwing into the blender. I had a smoothie earlier this week that had in it:

- half a can of pineapple chunks
- half a can of peaches
- a handful of maraschino cherries
- blueberries
- strawberries
- an orange
- a banana
- protein powder
- angel food cake
- milk
- CBD
- apricot preserves

That blender was filled right to the top! Baby doll is amazed that I can syringe an entire blender of liquid into my tummy. He doesn't think I should be able to fit that much in there. LOL! I've also been doing a chocolate, peanut butter, banana smoothie too. I might not be able to taste anything but it's fun making these concoctions, and I can imagine what each ingredient tastes like so it's all good.

Baby doll did one of those things last night that was a very simple and small thing but meant the world to me and once again highlights the type of human being he is. I usually just use a damp sponge on my kitchen counters and once in a while I break out the Windex. I was in Wegman's the other day buying SOS pads and I noticed these Clorox anti-bacterial wipes. I grabbed a package of them. Instead of the damp sponge I now grab a wipe and I'm feeling much more hygienic in the kitchen. Baby doll commented last night that they have a nice, light citrus smell to them which took me by surprise. It didn't even occur to me that they might have a scent. So I started to wave it in front of my nose and he immediately came hurrying over to blow on it to see if that would help me catch a scent. How freakin' sweet was that? He didn't even think about it, just came running to the rescue. God I love that man.

And so long as I'm singing his praises, have I mentioned lately that it's been over a year and I still always have fresh flowers on my kitchen table, courtesy of the light of my life? And sometimes he can't find a bouquet that he likes so he'll just pick up two random sets of flowers in the hopes that they look good together in a vase. The ones from this past week were gorgeous! Check them out.

 
I was told today that I was approved for Medicaid. So I guess I once again have insurance which is good. Especially with the upcoming surgery! Now I'm just waiting to see what's going on with long term disability. Having zero income is a little scary and my $3,000 that I have in the bank isn't going to go very far.

I went to the Home and Garden show for a few hours this past Sunday with Sushi-guy. It wasn't all that I thought it would be but I still had fun. We watched this awesome pots and pans demonstration. I SO wanted a set of those things up until I heard the price. $2,000!! Can you imagine?? For some pots and pans! Yeesh. The guy mentioned something pretty interesting as he was shaving some parmesan cheese for the salad he was making. He said that the well known parmesan cheese in the green bottle has an ingredient in it called "cellulose powder". It's put in there to prevent clumping. He said cellulose usually refers to wood. So basically, they're putting sawdust in your cheese and selling it to you. I was a little horrified. I went to Wegman's the next day and sure enough, he's right. Then I started pricing things. For the fresh parmesan that Wegman's grates on site, it costs $19.99/pound and there's no sawdust in it. For the pre-packaged stuff that Wegman's sells, it has sawdust in it and it's only $5.39 per pound. Holy crap! I found a good middle ground. I found a brand called 4C that doesn't have sawdust in it and it costs $9.00 per pound. I will be purchasing that from here on out. Baby doll said he's eaten sawdust all his life and he doesn't mind. That's good because I have a couple of the bottles of green stuff in my house. I'm going to hurry up and use it on him and hopefully by the time I'm able to eat again it will be gone and I can enjoy the 4C stuff. :-)

Sush and I also swung by the Canandaigua culinary booth twice while they were cooking so that he could sample some yummy cuisine. Although he seemed more impressed with the chicken breast that the pots and pans guy made. He said it was fabulous! I made it for baby doll on Tuesday night and he said it was definitely tasty. It was just a roasted breast with a lemon squeezed onto it and then some oregano and sesame seeds tossed on. Pretty easy but I guess it has a really good flavor!

Sush had me wetting myself at one point. I was telling him that Ethan will jump onto people's laps and then not bother to keep himself there, he starts to slide off, and he won't catch himself, he fully expects the person that he's sitting on to catch him. He did this to Jamie when he was over for dinner last week. Jamie was like screw that, I'm not catching him, he can catch himself. But in the end, when Ethan started to slide, Jamie caught him (sucker!). Anyway, I was telling Sush about Ethan pulling this crap and he said it sounds like what Ethan has is "Pretty Girl Syndrome". That sums it up so absolutely perfectly! That is EXACTLY what Ethan has. It made me laugh that he totally called it.

I'm not a sweets person and I definitely don't care very much for chocolate. I always ordered an appetizer, rarely dessert (unless they had creme brulee!). I always kept a drawer full of candy for the guys that I worked with but had no trouble not eating any of it myself because it simply didn't interest me. So, the exception to this rule is Easter candy. I LOVE Cadbury mini eggs. I could easily eat half a bag of those things in a sitting. I'm also a huge fan of the Cadbury creme eggs. So while I was at Wegman's I lost a little control. 


I now have this stashed away. I'm hoping by the end of summer my neck will be fully healed and I will be starting to eat stuff. I'm going to start a countdown to crunching a mini egg........ 

No comments:

Post a Comment