Thursday, April 3, 2014

April 3

Okay, just a quickie. I just collected my mail. 

BTW: 

- ElRay, that card made me huff like crazy! Huff = my version of LMAO. 
 - JBB, Bat Pig wouldn't let Lulubell eat Thai. He felt it was unsafe so he consumed it himself. He said it was actually delicious and he feels a little guilty about depriving Lulubell but hey, he's a pig, it's in his nature, what's he gonna do, right?

And as great as those two little treasures were in my mailbox, they got trumped by the government. I received notice that I have been approved to get SS Disability. Seems like that was a lot faster than 3-5 months! I hopped online and checked my bank account. Sure enough, they direct deposited back payments from February and March. So I'll be getting a deposit the second Wednesday of each month from now until I'm able to go back to work. According to the booklet I received, they can stop over to review your case any time they want. The more likely a rehabilatation, the sooner the review. ie: it could happen in 3 months. But they said your acceptance letter should state when they plan to review you. So I read the acceptance letter from top to bottom, all four pages, and it turns out they have no plan to review me for 3 years. Not sure how I feel about that. Relieved that I don't have to jump through hoops for anyone any time soon because I'm really hoping to be back to work within the year, but kind of depressed that my paperwork makes me look dire enough that they'll put off my review for the max allowable time. Sheesh.

Meanwhile, I punched the numbers into my budget and so long as I stick to my budget, not only will I be able to keep my cute little house and all my fur balls, but I'll even have an extra $148 at the end of each month that isn't earmarked for anything in particular. Now let's just hope that the budget I came up with is reasonable. The fixed costs are easy to list, it's the variable costs that throw me for a loop. Guess I'll just have to see how I do. I've been trying not to spend any money but I haven't really been tracking anything because I didn't have a budget to work to yet. Now that I have one, I need to get down to business. So far this month I spent $8 at Home Depot and $80 at Wegman's. Game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment