Monday, September 24, 2012

Sept 24 - Okay, I'm still in major pain but my mental attitude is 100x better today than it was on Friday. Only one more zap and then I'm finally free to start recovering from this months long nightmare! Woo hoo! Screw winning the lottery, this is SO much better!

Working at home this week was a stellar idea (Thanks for suggesting it Lis!). I slept until 7:45, got up, took care of the furballs, took all my medicines including my heavy hitter pain meds, and was at my "desk" at 8:02. I also cranked my heat to 70 degrees and put on a tank top so that I can Lubriderm my neck and face every couple of hours and start getting rid of all the peeling and stiffness that's going on with the radiation burns.

Saw the doc for the last time today. She simply rehashed everything that's been said for the past 6 weeks, wished me luck, and told me to call if I need anything.

I'm thinking about buying the tech team an ultimate chocolate cake from Wegman's tomorrow to celebrate never having to see them again. Ha!

That's all for now. Posts will likely be fewer and farther in between from here on out. I'll only chat at you as I discover improvements or see doctors.

No comments:

Post a Comment