Thursday, September 6, 2012

September 6 - Okay, according to the doc's scale I lost 7 pounds. Still within the 10 pound range she gave me though so I shut her down when she started insisting I bump my Ensure uptake to 4-5 a day. Bleah. I can barely manage 3 without tossing cookies, thank you very much.

And I can't remember if I mentioned it in here before or not but I was supposed to be making an appointment with my primary care doc some time this month so that we could talk about how overweight I am and what I needed to do about it. I'm thinking I can now scratch that little to-do item off my list. :-)

So, hair loss is normal. I guess lymph nodes go beyond your hairline so it's likely that Dr. A mapped a radiation path that is effecting some of my hair follicles lower down on my neck. Should eventually grow back.

Magic mouthwash is mostly fighting the thrush, which the doc says is looking slightly better. I was a little surprised, my mouth is feeling a ton better now that I've been using that stuff but she said it's only looking a little bit better. Anywho, the other ingredients are Benadryl and a steroid. Both of which help with swelling and pain. I can keep taking it until the 'scrip' runs out.

And nope, I will never have sensation in my "tongue". Pain receptors do not magically grow back and connect themselves. It's just a hunk of flesh sitting in my mouth that happens to have a blood supply running through it. Showed it to Lis today. She said that the swelling has gone down quite a bit since I last stuck my tongue out at her. I've been so worried about the side effects of the radiation that I haven't been paying very close attention to it but I think she's right. Thank goodness!

In other news, my man-servant has been kicking some butt around my house. The lawn mowing is especially helpful because I'm just way too tired after work. Speaking of which, I'm heading up to bed right now. I can't wait for the stupid weekend to get here so I don't have to worry about anything but lounging!


No comments:

Post a Comment