Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September 4 - I think I averaged 14 hours of sleep for each of the 3 days this past weekend. I am one tired puppy! Back to the grind today and I'm falling asleep at my computer. Good news/bad news, we've been kind of slow the past couple of weeks. Good for me so that I can take my time and submerge myself back into the international optics world, not so good from a business standpoint. I've always said one of the most enjoyable parts of my job is the fact that there's always something new and different going on so it keeps things interesting on a weekly basis. But now, I've switched sides. Thank goodness I've been doing this for 14 years so that the bulk of the work is stuff that I can do in my sleep, because that's more of a reality than a pithy saying at this point!

Didn't get to see the doc today. Guess the holiday threw the schedule off so I should be seeing someone tomorrow. Questions on the table this week:

Q1: Why am I losing my hair?? I thought it was just chemo that caused hair to fall out but I'm having a definite problem over here. Thank goodness I have so much darned hair to begin with. At the rate I'm going, I won't need to pay my stylist $125 to thin it out any time soon!

Q2: I'm loving the magic mouthwash. Numbs everything up for quite some time. Is this still just a medicine to get rid of thrush and I should stop taking it after 2 weeks or can I continue using it for the duration of treatments??

Q3: Will my "tongue" ever have pain receptors? I'm assuming not, but I've had 4-5 peeps ask me about it now so it won't hurt to get the real answer with some backup info to boot.

I only lost 4 pounds this past week so I'm well within the threshold the doc set which has me feeling good. I wasn't sure that drinking (3) Ensures each day and nothing else was really going to cut it, but it seems to be just fine.

My customer service story for the week: I went to MY Wegman's (in Irondequoit) last week to get the magic mouthwash prescription filled. They didn't have 2 of the 3 ingredients needed. They (Tommy) called around and then sent me to Webster Wegman's but told me there was a 2 hour wait so it wouldn't be ready until 7:00. Fine, I ran some other errands and showed up at 7:04. Found out that they didn't fill my prescription because there was a $38 co-pay. They left a message on my machine at home and were waiting for my "okay". Huh? I'm miserable and in pain and you think I'm going to kick up a fuss for $38?? If it was $138, then maybe I can see a courtesy call but $38 seems like a really low threshold for this type of clearance flag. I was cheesed. They could tell. I had to wait for the prescription after all and none of us were happy. So, proactive girl over here, I called my Wegman's at the end of last week and asked if I could put an order in now to be picked up the following week (this week). I was hoping that would give them enough time to get the ingredients in and I wouldn't have to make the drive back out to Webster. I went in to pick it up today and I have no idea what stories were being passed around but Tommy waited on me again and he apologized for the 'trouble' I had at the Webster Wegman's and he knocked $10 off my prescription price. How awesome is that?? Now that, my friends, is some gosh darned good customer service. Love my Wegmans!

Okay, three weeks down, three weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment