Saturday, October 6, 2012

October 6 - Okay, no improvements but I have a question for the masses.

Does it make sense that I've had, what I consider, some not very small, personality changes since my adventure started?

Reading used to be my absolute fave thing to do. I used to blow through 2-3 books every week. All sorts of genres, wasn't picky, simply loved the written word. Now, post cancer (PC), I haven't picked up a book in months. Actually, that's not true, I've started a few different books and just haven't been able to get into them. WTH?

I haven't watched TV in years. I watch movies, but am not a television show person other than a random show here or there like True Blood or Glee. Suddenly, I'm streaming TV shows like there's no tomorrow. The New Adventures of Old Christine, Wings, Dexter, The Big Bang Theory, The Vampire Diaries, Two and a Half Men, Bones, Lost, Grey's Anatomy, .......I'm a junkie!

I used to hate shopping. It was a form of torture for me unless it was a thrift store. And even then, I only ever went a couple of times a year. And all of my Christmas shopping has been done over the internet for a handful of years now simply so I wouldn't have to actually enter a store. Now PC, I can't stop shopping! This week alone I bought three pairs of shoes at DSW, $50 worth of "stuff" at the Dollar General, a dress and two tops at Macy's, two tankinis and a trench coat from Blair, a piece of wall art from Signals, a dress from Seventh Avenue, two costumes from Arlene's, and I am now thinking about going to Eastview Mall tomorrow to find myself a winter dress. What in the world is going on with this? And would somebody please come confiscate my credit card!

<sigh> There's other stuff too but I'm getting freaked out just talking about it. It seems really odd that I've known myself for years, have been very comfortable with who I am, and now, quite abruptly, I don't recognize myself. Maybe it's normal to reinvent yourself after a life altering event, I just wish I was changing in more positive ways. The next thing you know I'll be getting a boob job and deciding that being an exotic dancer is a great career move!

No comments:

Post a Comment