Sunday, January 20, 2013

January 20 - Every single day is incrementally better. :-)

The shingles are pretty much gone. My ear is still aching off and on but I expect that to be gone within the next week. The lump behind my ear has totally disappeared as well.

Alas, I still have thrush. Whatever. I will keep managing it the best that I can.

I've been being really good about sucking on things fairly often. Dr. K was right about the lemon flavored candies. They especially help. And I've noticed that even when I'm not sucking on things, it seems like there is more saliva flow.

In fact, last night for dinner I ate shrimp egg foo young. No choking. Still took a lot of milk to get it down but it went much easier than anything to date. And as a plus, it was actually kind of tasty! I did an "I ate solid food" dance in the middle of my kitchen. I also ate some more of it for breakfast this morning. Guess I'm a little excited about this development. ;-P


Improvements:
- Gagging has stopped!
- 30% of food tastes meh, 30% of food tastes okay, 40% of food tastes rotten.

- No Improvements:
- Sporadic sleeping still happening.
- I still have thrush.
- Back of tongue still swollen.
- I'm still not producing spit.
- Garbled talking.

- Bullfrog effect still going on. 

I've been to yoga twice now. Love it! I hopped on-line and joined two different Meetup groups here in Rochester. One is a casual group for 30 and 40 year olds. The other is an adventure group. Yesterday I went on an hour and a half long hike with the casual group. Fun stuff! This coming Wednesday I'm going to an orientation for Fleet Feet of Rochester. They have a 12 week program where they teach you how to run and it ends in a 5K at the end of April. I'm in, baby! 

On the fun side of things, I've been on 4 dates with Scott. He's an absolute sweetie! Meanwhile, I took my ad back off the dating site after a measly 3 weeks. Dating is exhausting! I'm going to concentrate on all the other activities I have going on and see where things fall..........

No comments:

Post a Comment