Wednesday, March 13, 2013

March 13 - Scale said 122.0 today and my running homework ramped up again this week so I'm now jogging 2 minutes at a time. Woo hoo! And I've signed up for the Dirty Girl Mud Run in September. It's a 5K/obstacle course for women only to support cancer. How fitting is that?? And I've been talking up the Tough Mudder for next year and have snagged myself two team mates already! Scott and Kunkel will be joining me in my craziness. :-)

I finally remembered to refill my thrush medicine yesterday so today was the second pill and hopefully my tongue will be feeling better five days from now. Fingers crossed. And I'll have to ask Dr. K when I see her on the 29th about another refill or two. I'm thinking that I'm going to be battling the thrush all the way until my saliva glands are back up to full function, whenever that may be.

The only weird health thing to report this week is some temporary swelling that happened on the left side of my neck last Friday. It was right after I ate lunch at work. I walked into the bathroom, looked into the mirror, and backed up a step in horror. It swelled up huge! Not sure if there was way more salt in my lunch than I'm used to or if I'm now picking up slight food allergies, or what the deal was. It slowly went back down over the course of the afternoon. Strange. And other than being unsightly, it didn't hurt or anything so there was really no reason for a freak out. Alas, I really did have a mini meltdown because I just feel that all the weird stuff should be over by now. ANY change nowadays gets my heart rate up.

I went to dinner with Kit tonight. We went to my favorite Belgian Beer Pub. Tonight I tried their wings. Fantastic! God, I love that place. Anyway, I was telling Kit that I'm still a bit upset by my whole lack of wanting to read. She gave me a really good pep talk about how going through such a huge thing affected absolutely every aspect of my being and that I really need to cut myself some slack and give myself a year to recover. Good advice. I'm going to take it. :-)

Other than that, not much else to report on the health front. Ongoing incremental improvements but nothing so momentous that anything will be falling off the list soon.

No Improvements:
- Sleep is hard to come by

- Thrush won't go away
- No spit
- Bullfrog effect
- Garbled talking
- Partial taste buds
- Ongoing hair loss

So, on to the fun stuff:

This past weekend with my sweetie was fabulous! We went and saw The Book of Mormon (it was great!), and did brunch out, and had our seafood extravaganza (see pic). We did not end up doing the Opti-golf. It was so nice out on Sunday that we went for a hike at Mendon Ponds instead. It was muddier than heck but great to be outdoors. The best activity of the weekend though was our conversation. It's such a wonderful feeling to be able to talk to someone and know that they simply "get" you.


So, all the cardio I've been getting is great but I'm in dire need of more strength building exercises if I'm going to really complete this Tough Mudder thing next year. I dug out my body bar and bosu ball, along with the DVD's for that equipment. Kunkel let me borrow her Insanity DVD's and Scott is going to bring over his P90X DVD's Friday night. One way or another, I'm going to find something to put muscle back on my body a little faster than the current pace.

This Friday is another hot poker game. We don't usually have one so soon after the last one but my coworker G had such a blast at the last one he was totally jonesing to go again. So, it's on.

I was supposed to be interviewing a new pet sitter this Saturday but she has been unresponsive to my e-mails inquiring about the meetup so I'm going to look elsewhere for a pet sitter.

Sunday morning will see me doing brunch with the current chairman of the caving grotto as well as the past chairman so that we can discuss the upcoming meeting at my house with all the newbies. We need a game plan if we're going to get some new people interested in being members!

That's all the good stuff for this week.......until next week........

No comments:

Post a Comment