Wednesday, March 20, 2013

March 20 - Scale said 121.0 this morning and I am now going to stop reporting on my weight (Sorry Patilda!). It's been the same since Christmas, running doesn't seem to be affecting it, I believe I'm good to go in that department.

Speaking of running, I have now ramped up to 3 minutes at a time and I received an e-mail earlier this week that I'm halfway done with my training. OMG! I'm halfway to running my first 5K! How bleeping exciting! I've also been talking to JBB tonight. I have her almost convinced to sign up for the Dirty Girl Mud Run in September with me. Woo hoo! Another friend almost wooed into joining me in my craziness! Actually, I take that back. She's even crazier than me. The reason she e-mailed me in the first place is because she thinks our adventure for 2015 should be to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. Of course, I'm totally on board for doing that! Can you imagine it?! The tallest darned mountain in the world! It takes a minimum of 6 days to climb, for crying out loud!! I love it!

The stupid thrush doesn't seem to have gone away at all after this most recent round of medicine. I hope I'm not building up a tolerance! Ugh!

No repeats of the weird swelling thing that happened a couple of weeks ago. Still no idea what that was but I seem to be good to go, so, whatever.

The hair that is filling back in is ~2 inches long now! It is so good to see that growth happening. Any little thing that points to normalcy makes me one ecstatic chickadee.

This past Saturday I tried a P90X workout with Scott. Holy smokes! An hour and a half of some really hard exercising!! I haven't done it again since then. Meanwhile, I went to yoga last night and was doing downward dog. Suzanne, the instructor asked me what I did to my back. I was like "huh?". She then came over and put her hands right on the set of muscles in my back/shoulders that has been sore since that darned P90X workout. She said my muscles are jumping out of my skin in those two places! Whoa! There's a good indicator that your instructor knows what she's doing!!

In the previous yoga class we did a lot of backbends. Suzanne said we'd probably be wound up for the night and sure enough, I stayed up much later than usual and did a ton of housework. This week we did forward bends and Suzanne said we'd sleep like the dead. I passed out at 9:20 last night, was up briefly at 12:30 and then slept like a log until 6:30 this morning. I can't figure out if it's the power of suggestion at work or if it really is the different exercises having different effects!! Meanwhile, I kind of wish I could have taped the session last night. I'd love to do it every night if it meant I was going to sleep that well!


No Improvements:
- Sleep is hard to come by (Unless I do forward bends in yoga. Ha!)
- Thrush won't go away (Might have to live with this for 6 more months.)
- No spit (I'm still sucking on mints and hard candies which def helps.)
- Bullfrog effect (I haven't noticed this lately. Don't know if I've gotten used to it or it's getting better. I'll have to make a point of looking in the mirror tomorrow.)
- Garbled talking (My speech sounds much better even to me but sometimes I get talking too fast and I bite the 'flap' and there are still a number of words that I simply mangle.)
- Partial taste buds (This is improving weekly.)
- Ongoing hair loss (Although some regrowth can be seen!)

Fun stuff:















Last Friday was poker. During the second game RayB got knocked out of the game. I asked him to sit and play for me for a while so that I could get some of the food put away. 10 minutes later the guys were yelling for me. I guess Ray was winning too much money playing my hand. So, I sent him out to the kitchen to put away food and I sat back down. After only two hands I went all in and knocked G out of the game. The guys started yelling that they wanted Ray to come back. LMAO! There's just no pleasing some people.

Saturday I got to meet Scott's family. His sister, Karen, turned 59 and there was a little birthday gathering at his niece's house. Super nice people! And there was a total cutie, Addison, who's 2 1/2 years old, who was an absolute doll! I was talking to Karen at one point, trying to tell her where I work but saying QED is one of those things that my tongue garbles so I had to repeat it 3 times. She finally apologized and told me that she wears hearing aids so she can't hear me all that well. I told her no problem, that I'm recovering from tongue cancer and can't talk all that well. She got a huge kick out of that. Said that we make quite the pair. LOL!

The caving brunch this past Sunday went well. We met for two and a half hours to discuss what was going to happen at the meeting this Friday. I'm still freaking out about how I'm going to fit 30+ people into my house but whatever happens, it's going to be an adventure! And you wouldn't believe the food that I have planned! Although I'm not going to report on the food until after the meeting. Scott has agreed to be my guinea pig on Friday and let me know what's working and what's not with the food. Anything that gets a thumb's down will be tossed.

I have tomorrow and Friday off from work. Scott is getting the final surgery on his hand done tomorrow. I'll be bringing him back to my house afterwards so that I can spoil the heck out of him, waiting on him hand and foot. And Saturday night there is a surprise birthday party for one of his coworkers so I will get to meet some of the peeps he works with on a daily basis. All sorts of fun and interesting things going on this weekend! Guess I should get to bed so that I'm rested enough to handle it all...........

No comments:

Post a Comment