Thursday, March 7, 2013

March 7 -Scale said 122.2 today and our running homework ramped up again this week so I'm now doing 6 intervals of 4 minutes walking and 1.5 minutes jogging. I sure hope I'll be ready for the 5k on April 20th. Seems like things are moving a little slow with this ramping up thing. Or maybe my patience is just wearing thin. I'm getting antsy for some adventure!

And watching Facebook videos isn't helping with the antsiness! Elvisa posted an awesome video earlier this week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6XUVjK9W4o. I got totally pumped watching it! It makes me want to run out and go snowboarding, or hang gliding, or rappelling, or surfing, or............at least start looking for my 2014 adventures. This year it's running a 5k (or two or three), getting back into caving, and climbing a few high peaks in the Adirondacks. Which is plenty of adventure for 2013. And lo and behold, without too much effort, I DID find a goal for 2014. I want to participate in the Buffalo Tough Mudder! Check out how awesome this thing is!! http://toughmudder.com/events/new-york-buffalo-sat-jul-27-sun-jul-28-2013/?gclid=CKbUlvyy67UCFVGf4AodYjEArA. I especially like the electrified field at the end. My friend Brian says that you have to sign a death waiver before you participate. ROCK ON! So, the list has been started for 2014.......

Okay, blondie over here did a dumb thing last night. Actually, a little back story first. So, I mentioned that I volunteered to host the next Grotto meeting which is on 3/22. I also posted the meeting in the Meetup group that I'm a member of and 14 people have already signed up to come! That's on top of the 10-15 caving people that are likely to come. Holy crap! I'm not sure I can even fit that many people in my house! So, I've been rearranging furniture in my mind and figuring out seating as well as a menu for the night. And here's where the dumb thing comes into play. I decided my treadmill needs to go back in the basement instead of taking up a huge chunk of my living room. Mind you, it used to live in the basement when I first got it and I took it down there myself. Of course, that was back when I was robust, healthy, farm girl stock. Wasn't thinking about how I am now wussy, scrawny, cancer girl and I moved the stupid thing by myself last night. I actually thought I did okay until I woke up this morning. All I have to say is ow.....ow....ow. I would ask someone to come over and cuff me up side the head until some sense got knocked into me but I think I'm in enough pain at the moment.......

This damn cold is still hanging on. I've had to get up in the middle of the night a couple of times now to down some Nyquil because of the tickle in the back of my throat causing a 15 minute long coughing fit! And I had no idea the human body could hold this much mucus. It's seriously disgusting. Thank goodness we move our clocks ahead this weekend. Warm weather HAS to be coming down the chute at which point I hope this cold clears up for good!

Okay, so it was wishful thinking about less hair loss. Although Sammy looked at my hairline over the weekend. The last time she looked at it she gasped....loudly....because of the huge bald spot I had. She said it's now all filled back in. Granted, the hair is only about an inch long but she said I can safely wear my hair up in a pony tail and nobody will likely notice. So, I put my hair up last night while I was moving furniture. Normally, I wrap a hair band around a ponytail twice. Sometimes 3x if it's really stretched out. With all this hair loss, I wrapped it 4x easily and my ponytail was still falling down within 15 minutes. <sigh> On the bright side, I was bored yesterday so I flat ironed my hair for work. I received no less than 5 compliments from coworkers on it. Which leads me to believe I should flat iron more often and with such a minimal amount of hair to iron, it's a 10 minute project instead of the 45 minute project it used to be! (Glass half full, baby!)

I think the thrush is back. I've been spitting blood for the last two days. I'm going to call in the prescription tonight when I get home. <yet another sigh>

Food is still going okay. My sweet taste buds are definitely waking up for some things. Oatmeal has been my thing of late. And I've decided I need to calm down on my Wegman's shopping. I have a ton of food in the house and I need to start slowly chipping away at it since nothing really tastes all that great or is all that easy to eat anyway. Why spend the big bucks for so little enjoyment??

Of course that rule is out the window for this weekend. This is the weekend dedicated to my honey bunny because his daughter is away on a class field trip. Our first weekend together! How exciting! I'm taking him to see Book of Mormon Saturday afternoon. Saturday night is our lobster, steak, and shrimp extravaganza. Sunday we'll be at the Southwedge Diner for their Southwedge Skillet and then we're going to revisit our first date by playing a round of Opti-golf. It's going to be an absolutely FANTASTIC weekend!

On a side note, my 3/21 doctor's appointment has been moved to 4/18.

I think that's about all that's new over here. No manservant this week, he'll be back next week to start work on the hallway. I might have him leave the carpet alone until after the Grotto meeting. I'm also, hopefully, going to be interviewing a new pet sitter soon. Luke and I both have a ton of travel plans this year and some of our trips are already clashing so I think the manservant will fill in, in a pinch, but I also want to get set up with a paid person for even more backup.

Oh! And I had a blast with Sam and the kids last Sunday! We made a TON of balloon flowers and animals because hey, that's our thing. And they LOVED the treasure hunt that Sam and I made up. God, I love those kids!!

No comments:

Post a Comment