Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3 - I feel like I've been run over by a Mack truck. Not only is the nose spray not helping, but the entire side of my head and neck, on the right hand side, is now tender to the touch. On top of that, my neck and back are sore (like I slept wrong), I once again have bruises along my spinal column (guess it wasn't my mattress!), and my rib cage feels bruised (no idea what could cause that). WTH?? It's like I'm 80 something instead of 40 something.

Honey-bunny claims that he's secretly been beating up on me at night when I sleep. As much as I would love to have a concrete reason for feeling crappy, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to sleep through something like that so he's likely fibbing to me. ;-)

I specifically didn't take any pain meds at all yesterday because the caffeine in the Excedrin has been causing me to still be wide awake at 1:30 am. Yeah, I know. I had just blogged about how I'm out like a light by 9:30 every night. Turns out that statement doesn't hold true if I'm taking Excedrin! Anyway, I fell asleep at a decent hour last night but woke up hurting all over the place so I am now back to taking the Excedrin.

I took the thrush medicine late last week. The fact that I choked on a pain pill is what drove me over the edge in deciding to take it. I'm happy to report that the bleeding has once again stopped, the swelling is down, and the sensitivity has been curbed.

A big thank you to my doctor friend, Karen, for explaining the difference between ibuprofen and acetaminophen. I now feel better equipped to choose the correct pain meds based on whatever is going on with me.

Hairdresser Jen did not have any out of the box ideas for my hairstyle but she did have a really good tip about the alfalfa thing that I have going on. She showed me how to spray it with a little bit of hairspray and then use a toothbrush to brush it down into place. Works like a charm and doesn't leave me looking greasy!

Fun stuff:

The Summer Jam was fun although I think shooting the shit with Jamie for a couple of hours was more enjoyable than the actual music! Other than that, I didn't do much of anything this past weekend. I was mostly a lump although I did finish pulling together my new home office. Ahhhhh....it looks fantastic and I'm loving hanging out in there!

Tonight starts my 2 week golf clinic. Sandi is coming to see me on Sunday so that we can go play 18 holes. I'm doing whatever I can to prep so that I don't embarrass myself too bad in front of her!

This Saturday I'm going to be manning the caving booth at the ADK Outdoor Expo from 9:00 - 4:00 and then it's off to Scott's niece's house to celebrate a family birthday, anniversary, and graduation all rolled into one.

And it just hit me this morning that next week I will be in Florida visiting my dad for Father's Day! Holy crap that came up fast! I need to start looking at my flight details, and figure out what I need to pack! Woo hoo! I'm soon gonna be on vacation and drinking key lime pie martinis with the old man!

No comments:

Post a Comment