Monday, September 10, 2012

September 10 - Just a quickie today. Work is dead and so am I so I took a half day today and I'm about to drag myself up to bed.

Only down a pound. Doc decided to keep me on the miracle mouthwash for one more week. She's having a hard time telling if we're still battling thrush or not. I told her it would be useful if she could scrape my tongue, look at it under a microscope, and know definitively what's going on. She agreed but I guess that's not how it works. Today she gave me some healing ointment for all the scaly peeling that's going on with my neck, chin, and cheek. Pain is being managed okay. I paint viscous licodaine on my tongue during the day and talk as little as possible. Then take a shot of Vicodin at night. Countdown is continuing.

I can't remember, did I mention the poster board I hung up in my home office? I'm recording all of my food cravings. This way, when I'm finally able to taste, chew, and swallow food again. I can work my way through the list. Thursday night I wanted Cheese Nips so bad it was ridiculous. There are already 30 foods on the list. Dirty rice from Dinosaur, kettle cooked chips, a Schwartkoff sub from Guida's, fried dough, the weird salad Kunkel got at Pomodoro's, a fish fry, won ton tacos at Applebee's..........sigh..........I really, really, really miss food.

All I did was sleep this past weekend except for a 20 minute bright spot where I received a care package from Andy and Kim. Protein powder, a book, a dvd, a really nice smelling candle, a comfy t-shirt............love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment