Monday, November 12, 2012

November 12 - I AM the smoothie queen. Tonight's smoothie was mango, pineapple, kiwi, coconut milk, avocado, cucumber, protein powder, and whole milk. It was a rather unfortunate color, what with all the green stuff, but I just pretended I was celebrating St. Patty's day, and it was all good. ;-P

The avocado was thanks to JBB. She suggested tossing in half of an avocado and some flaxseed oil to ramp up the fat/calorie count in my smoothies. She says they both have very mild flavors, so they're easy to sneak in, while providing Omega 3's and some much needed non-dietetic substance.

I stopped at Wegman's tonight and discovered their Club Pack bags of frozen fruit. I now have two of those babies socked away in the freezer. Should keep me in smoothies for quite some time.

Did not make it to Crab Shack but DID do some food experimenting this past weekend. Saturday was spaghetti. Managed three bites but then had to make a mad dash to the water pik due to it sticking to the roof of my mouth and chugging water was unsuccessful in dislodging it. Sunday was a pancake. Only managed one bite. Meanwhile, the dogs are in 7th heaven eating all of these inedible (by me) dishes.

This coming weekend I'm going to try a pumpkin pie and a cheese pie, sans crusts. I ate both of those items when I was eating soft foods after coming home from the hospital so maybe.....

So, it's Monday, and I weighed in at 133.8 this morning. My goal is to weigh at least that, or maybe 1/2 lb more by next Monday. I'm going to be smoothie crazy this week and see what can be done about this whole weight issue.

Meanwhile, I just need to make it through this week and then I have 9 glorious days of not working. I'm so psyched for the break! Woo hoo!

Improvements:
- I don't think my throat hurts anymore. When my pain meds wear off, it's my tongue that's bothering me, as well as the swelling in my throat, but not actual throat pain.


No Improvements:
- I'm mostly only able to sleep for 3-4 hours at a time.
- Some things taste meh, some things taste okay, some things taste rotten.
- Mucusitis on the good side of my tongue burns.
- My tongue is still swollen and touching the back of my throat, making me gag.
- Diarrhea is still going on.
- I'm still losing weight.
- I'm still using the water pik 3 to 4 times a day to keep my mouth clean.
- I'm still not producing spit.
- Garbled talking.
- Bloated face every morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment