Friday, November 2, 2012

November 2 - Pride is one of the 7 sins, isn't it?

I was put back in my place after being so proud of eating a yogurt, by being up at 2 AM the following morning, dry heaving for a full 5 minutes. Quite an unpleasant experience. So, I stuck to the Carnation drinks on Wednesday and then decided to try out the juicer last night.

Turns out I'm not a fan of the juicer. My experiment last night included 2 oranges, 2 small honey crisp apples, and a handful of raspberries. The juice comes out a little thicker in texture than I'm mentally ready to deal with. Not to mention fruits are very acidic so my tongue was unhappy with me for testing it last night. Plus the cleanup on the equipment was a pain in the butt. And it seems like there's not a lot of bang for the buck given how expensive fruit is. All in all, I've decided to stick with my smoothies. It was definitely a fun experience testing out Messner's juicer though and hey, he saved me $70 because I now took mine off my Amazon shopping list!

So last night's smoothie was 2 bananas, a snack size container of pineapple tidbits, 5 ice cubes, a glug of coconut milk, a glug of apple juice, and a glug of regular milk. It was pretty yummy although the bananas were not quite ripe enough. I hate that Wegman's only ever has green bananas so you have to know 3 days in advance if you're going to need one. Anywho......I was up at 4 AM this morning, dry heaving my poor, little guts out. WTH?!?

I've been feeling nauseous off and on for over a week now. Kept thinking I was maybe coming down with something. Then after this morning's second dry heave experience I decided that maybe it's just my body rejecting real food although I was feeling nauseous before I started trying to eat real food. Luckily, Kunkel came to my rescue today. She asked what the side effects were of the medicine I'm on for thrush. It hadn't occurred to me that it could be the culprit because there was no nausea the last time I was taking it. Then I remembered that I'm taking double the dose in a shorter time period which could make a difference. Sure enough, Kunkel Googled it for me right then and there and the number one side effect of fluconazole is nausea and vomiting! It's such a relief to know what the problem is! Happily, today was my last dose of that stuff so hopefully the nausea will clear up over the weekend. I will resume trying to eat on Monday.

So, no pictures for this post. Based on what was being discussed, I'm sure you're all relieved by that. ;-P Tomorrow I'm heading out to see the Blue Man Group with Kunkel and Elvisa. Should be a blast and I'll def have some photo opportunities there to share in the next post!

1 comment:

  1. C'mon. No pics of you dry heaving over your toilet?? WTF. College days flashback images....

    ReplyDelete