Friday, November 9, 2012

November 9th - Have I mentioned that I can no longer laugh? Really. I physically am unable to laugh. I try and a barking, coughing, choking noise happens. Not cool. I can't call my cats inside anymore either because my voice simply doesn't go high enough to do the "here kitty, kitty, kitty" thing. Not sure if these things are permanent or just due to the swelling that's still going on. Hoping for the latter, obviously.

Pudding went down okay. Didn't taste great but didn't taste awful. Chicken broth not so much. Tasted really rank. Much like the butternut squash bisque. Am now making protein smoothies on a daily basis. (Thanks again Andy and Kim!) Hopefully downing one or two of those a day on top of the Carnation and the other odds and ends I'm trying to add in, will eventually lead to some weight stabilization.

I was carrying a case of water from my car to my cubby. Made it to the break room where Leo happened to be. He asked me if I needed help. My normal response would be to roll my eyes, grin, and say no thanks. My response this time around was a grimace and a yes, please. Leo was just as shocked as I was by this response! I'm sorry but that water was bleeping heavy. The doctor warned me that a lot of my weight loss was likely muscle. She's right. I'm now total wussy girl.

I'm trying really hard to cut back on the Roxicet. Unfortunately, I have found that if I don't take it at night, instead of waking up every 3-4 hours, I wake up every hour and a half. I only put up with that for one night. I was then so miserably tired the next day that I decided it's well worth being given a hard time about the prescription refills so long as I'm sleeping at night. Or sleeping as much as I have been for the past handful of months.

Finally hopped on the scale again. I've been avoiding it since all the vomiting. I'm now down to 134.4. I shed some light on what I thought was a myth. A number of years ago I heard that the clothing industry changed the way they sized clothes due to American women being so consistently overweight. I thought it was a bunch of crap up until I went shopping with Sam 2 weekends ago. I was trying on all size 6 and size 8 clothing at the Waterloo Outlet Mall. In fact, I think I bought a pair of size 6 pants. Then I came home and figured that all the size 8 clothes in my skinny closet must fit too. Nope. I tried on 10 different size 8 pants/jeans from my skinny closet and not one of them fit me. They were all still way too small. I guess the clothing industry HAS changed their sizing specs some time in the past 15 years!! How depressing is that?!

Meanwhile, that was 2 weeks ago and more weight has dropped off since then. Wednesday morning I tried on 5 different pairs of pants, trying to get ready for work. They were all swimming on me. Had to once again raid the skinny closet so I could get my ass to work. Wednesday night, everything from the skinny closet was moved upstairs. So now, instead of a skinny closet, I have a fat closet on the main floor and my wearable closet in my bedroom. If I lose any more weight, I will need to break out the credit card once again and head out to do some shopping because I don't have any more clothes in smaller sizes.

That's all the update I have for now. TGIF. I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend of reading books and conducting more food experiments. I've been wanting to head over to the Crab Shack to try their lobster bisque with warm sherry. I'd be super pysched if that actually tastes okay. If it tastes rank though, I'm going to be bummed for ruining my memories of such a super yummy treat. Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

  1. Since sweet stuff tastes so blah, what about spicy stuff? Or does that actually hurt your mouth/tongue? Have you tried putting tabasco (or similar) on your soup/bisque? It might add some flavor so everything is not so meh.

    Just thinking out loud (or with my keyboard) :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thought! Unfortunately spicy makes my tongue burn. And I'd rather meh than rank, let me tell you. The butternut squash bisque was something I tried for the first time between coming home from the hospital and before radiation started. It was fantastic! I absolutely fell in love with it! So, to try and eat it again now and have it taste like it was scraped from the bottom of a very dirty garbage can is a huge bummer. I'll take meh any day over that.

      Delete