Wednesday, February 27, 2013

February 27 - Scale said 121.0 today. I've totally got this maintaining weight thing covered. My secret weapon? Well, I'm thinking about buying stock in celery and Peter Pan peanut butter...


Food experimenting continues. Spaghetti was manageable although it didn't taste very good. Kind of surprising since the manicotti that I had on Saturday at Cobbs Hill Pizza was really very good. I suspect the taste is in the sauce and my sauce, as it turns out, sucks! Time to hop on allrecipes.com and start playing. Meanwhile, Scott and I went to the Melting Pot on Monday (I had a Groupon!). One of the items I fondued (does that word work as an action?) was a lobster tail. Turns out seafood (especially dipped in butter) goes down really easy. This is a bonus because Scott was saying that he's unsure of how to eat a lobster so I had promised to make him one some time soon and teach him how to devour those delicious, little critters. There is now a seafood extravaganza event on our horizon, not this weekend but next weekend. YUM!

Yoga is still kicking my butt. In a good way, of course. Who knew there was so much planking and other ab work involved?? My instructor also wants me to bring in info about the types of stretching exercises NoBo wants us to do before running. She's going to take a look at what they tell me, tweak where necessary, and make a personalized stretching routine for me. She rocks!

Speaking of which, I recently talked about my new doctor rocking. I'm a bit bummed with her today. I was supposed to get my Nexplanon birth control implant tonight. Got a message last night that she's canceling all of her appointments for tonight. Which is fine, stuff happens, but she doesn't have another appointment available until March 29! That's over a month away! Kind of crazy if you ask me. I hope that she's not going to start majorly overbooking like my last doctor. :-(

I'm seeing improvements in my running stamina as the NoBo program ramps up. That's something I expected. What I didn't expect was an increase in speed. Not sure why I didn't expect that but....I didn't. So, I've been doing the walking/running intervals. Walking for 4 minutes at 3.5 mph, then running for 1 minute at 4.5 mph. The other day I was on the treadmill, totally engrossed in a movie, and suddenly realized that I had slowed back down to a walk at 4.5 mph! Holy smokes! So, I've had to bump my running speed up to 5 mph to prevent that! Way cool!

Other sundry health stuff:
- I still have the cold although it's much improved. Just a lot of nose blowing and some coughing going on.
- I swear there was less hair in my bathtub this morning but since it's a one time occurrence so far, I suspect it's wishful thinking. I'll be keeping watch though.
- Sleeping seems to be getting somewhat better. If I'm up in the middle of the night, it's not usually for more than an hour. Although there may have recently been a morning where I woke up at 4:30 and just stayed up.
- Not sure what's going on with the thrush. Hasn't been bothering me so maybe...........

Fun stuff: Got a better pic of Scott sans sunglasses so that you can see his beautiful eyes! This Friday I get to meet his daughter Jessica. Scary and exciting all rolled into one!

Manservant is making progress on the house. Second bedroom is primed. Tonight it gets painted. Then we move on to the hallway which is the final area to rehab. Hopefully by the end of March I'll be calling someone to install more hardwoods!

It was great seeing Patilda this past Sunday and doing the girl gossip thing. This coming Sunday I get to visit Sammy and the ankle biters! I haven't seen them since July or August! I bet they've gotten HUGE!

I attended my first grotto (caving) meeting in 6-7 years this past Friday. I told the gang that I want to do Knox cave this summer. It's time to go through the 'gun barrel' for a second time! Found a video on youtube of some other spelunkers doing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUfR6vnl3Ro. Meanwhile, I think I was a little over-excited to be at the meeting. I volunteered to co-lead a trip, man our booth at an expo in June, start a Rochester Meetup for our group, host the next meeting, and try my hand at updating our website. Sheesh!

Last night, out of the blue, Andy and Kim sent me a Kindle book. It's called Cancer, Schmancer by Fran Drescher. The title alone makes me think I'm going to relate really well to her attitude in this book. Can't wait to start reading it this weekend! Thanks guys!

Okay, that's it for now. I'm counting down the days to my next Doctor's appointment on 3/21 with the ENT doctor, Dr. C. Then I'll have some real news to report. I have to assume they'll definitely be scoping me again and will have some kind of progress for me to report in regards to this lovely flap of skin grafted to my tongue!

No comments:

Post a Comment