Sunday, June 23, 2013

June 23 - I know, I know. I'm a total slacker. In my defense, I don't really have much to report.

The MRI still hasn't been scheduled. I'm probably going to have to make a follow up phone call about that, which thrills me to no end. <---sarcasm

I saw my dentist. She refuses to use the molds I had taken less that a year ago (bitch) so I now have an appointment tomorrow to get those re-done.  That's going to traumatize the hell out of me.

I saw Dr. K last week for an annual check up and received a third opinion. She wants me to start putting a heating pad on my neck for 15-20 minutes before I go to sleep. She also thinks the night guard for the teeth grinding is a good first step but she said if I don't get relief from the pain within a couple of months of using it that I need to come see her again. She said there are other avenues to investigate for solutions and she doesn't want me to become resigned to living with chronic pain. Have I mentioned I love her?

I talked to her about the thrush medicine. I decided that I'm going to continue with the two pill dose as needed rather than taking a pill every week to prevent it in the first place. I kind of want to know if and when I'm still getting it. It's a control thing, I'm sure.

One of the cool things about the annual checkup was that we could go through my list of 'ailments' and talk about where I'm at. We were able to mark a bunch of them as 'resolved' in my file. Hair loss is no longer an issue. The numbness in two of my fingers of my left hand magically went away after I lost all the weight. The birth control implant is working well. I no longer have a weight problem. There seemed to be a lot of pluses going on which was a huge mood booster! :-) 

Improvements:
- Thrush comes and goes.
- Spit production probably around 50% at this point.
- Bullfrog effect still happening.
- Garbled talking. Swollen throat.
- Partial taste buds - Sweet is around 15% right now.

Fun stuff:

I finished my golf lessons. Unfortunately I haven't noticed any improvement in my game yet. I definitely need to go get fitted for a new driver though. I'm holding on to the hope that it will help. :-)

Went to Florida to see Dad. Fun! We golfed, toured a castle, saw alligators, played cards, and basically just had a really good visit. I'm heading back in December to do it again!


Yesterday Scott and I participated in something called CitySolve which is like The Amazing Race TV show but it's here in Rochester. We spent the afternoon solving puzzles and walking around the city to capture our answers with a camera. We had a blast! We're already plotting our strategy for next year's race.


Today I spent the afternoon at Sea Breeze with my friend Elvisa and her ankle biter, Evan (1 1/2 years old). He was a little cranky so it was a pretty soggy outing for a good 2 1/2 hours. He finally perked up the last 1/2 hour we were there. I got some really good pics for her though so it was a good outing in my book!



Busy week coming up. Scott and I are having dinner with Kit and Fran on Wednesday night, Thursday night I scored free tickets to a cocktail party at the Jazz Fest, and then Friday night Scott and I signed up to play a Scotch (golf) at the Woodcliff hotel. Amazingly, I have zero plans for the actual weekend. I think I'm going to kick back and enjoy the hell out of some down time!

No comments:

Post a Comment