Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 25 - Just a quickie:

The MRI has been scheduled! It's this Friday at 2:00. I e-mailed my inside contact at Dr. C's office and asked her if it was normal for 2.5 weeks to go by without hearing from Borg Imaging. She told me to go ahead and contact them myself. My paperwork was faxed over to them the same day I had my appointment so there wasn't any reason for the appointment to not have been made. I guess things got lost in the shuffle once again. The medical world is pretty inefficient if you ask me. They need to hire an OCD Quinn type person to kick them in the pants and get things cleaned up and clicking along smoothly!

I was stressed for a week about those stupid molds being taken of my teeth. I have no idea how Dr. L at the hospital managed to make it such an unpleasant activity last summer. The TMJ chick at the dentist office yesterday had me in and out in 20 minutes with no problems at all!! My guards will be ready next Tuesday. I go in for a fitting. Then TMJ chick said that she's going to monitor me carefully and if I'm not getting any relief within 2 weeks she can refit the guards and if that still doesn't do it, she's going to put me in touch with a chiropractor and a massage therapist. I didn't have the heart to tell her that there's no way I'm going to let a stranger give me a massage. I'm getting the heebie jeebies just thinking about a stranger laying hands on me! Ewwww! I also bought a heating pad yesterday to use on my neck and jaw for 20 minutes every night like Dr. K suggested. Unfortunately I got so wrapped up in watching the premiere of Under the Dome that I forgot about it. So tonight I'll give it a try and see if it helps.

That's all I have to report. I'm feeling guilty about the huge lapse between blogs so now you're getting some mini blogs a few days apart. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment