Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 21

This is it......my last night at home for a while......

I need to be at the hospital at 6:15 tomorrow morning. Justin is less than thrilled. Poor guy is a 45 minute drive outside of the city which means he needs to leave his house at what I would call stupid o' clock in the morning in order to pick me up at 5:45. I'm going to owe him huge. I DID bake him some chocolate chip cookies for the drive but I'm pretty sure that's not going to be enough.

I also baked cookies for my surgeon. I was told not to bring ANYTHING with me except a photo id. So, I had to repack my hospital bags into one bag that Justin will bring to me on Friday when he visits. I'll have to see what they say when I show up with a tub of cookies in hand.

Surgery is supposedly scheduled for 8:30. We'll see how that goes. The PEG insertion was scheduled for 1:00 and didn't happen until 4:30. Of course that was a 30 minute procedure whereas this is an 8-10 hour procedure. I hope Dr. M makes it home from Kenny Chesney safe and sound!

I skated out of work at 1:00 today. I simply couldn't sit still any longer. I came home, baked two batches of cookies, mowed the front and back yard, cleaned up the house, did some dishes, did some laundry. I basically haven't stopped moving the entire day. I'm trying to tire myself out because I do NOT want to be up all night worrying about what tomorrow is going to bring.

That's all I've got today. I'm going to head upstairs, play a little W.E.L.D.E.R. on my iPad and turn the TV on to keep me company for a while.

Wish me luck! Hopefully I'll talk to you all on the other side of this thing!

1 comment: