Thursday, August 22, 2013

It's over and she's recovering!!!!

JT: I just talked to the doctor, and the people on the call list, so here's the scoop you've all been waiting for....

Dr. M said the surgery went smoothly but they did have to remove the voice box.  The cancer was much more extensive than they could see before with a lot of small nodules.  There were some hidden under the left vocal chord, which is why it was paralyzed.  He's confident that they got it all but it is cancer so of course there are no guarantees.

The bad news is that they installed some valve and she has enough of her tongue that they can teach her to talk again!  So no peace and quiet for us....  I'm sure it will take awhile for this to happen and she won't be singing, I hope.  But be prepared....

The doctor said that she is alert and has a smile on her face.  Her only complaint is that the IV in her hand hurts.  Not too bad if you ask me!  They plan to move her to her room tonight so that certainly sounds like recovery is progressing nicely.

I will post again tomorrow after I visit in the afternoon but then I am out of town so there will be a delay until honey schnookum buns is available to post, or the Q manages to log in (oh dear lord the humanity!!!!!)

5 comments:

  1. I can see why Q likes you JT .. you have a sense of humor like hers..lol. Please tell her I love her and am thinking of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just logged on to see if there was an update; thank you for doing this; she remains in our thoughts, please tell her so. I would come up and see her except that I have a sinus infection. My doctor says it's "not really contagious"; not sure what she means by that so I will play it on the safe side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, glad that part is over. Now she needs healing prayers. Thankful the docs were able to keep her voice in this world, besides her blog voice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking good thoughts for you Quinny girl and wishing you a quick recovery xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks JT for keeping me (and everyone else) so well informed about my daughter's progress.

    ReplyDelete