Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5 - Part II

First of all, I'm baffled about this whole narcotics prescription thing. Dr. C said he could only prescribe 5 days at a time so the scripts he was writing were for 50 pills at a time. Today, Nurse Jo Ann had a resident make out a prescription for me. It was for 120 pills. WTH? I thought Dr. C said the 5 day thing was a law..........I really don't get it.

On top of that, Dr. C told me not to take more than (10) pills a day which would total to 3,250 mg of acetaminophen. Acetaminophen being the stuff that poisons your liver. Meanwhile, my primary care doc, Dr. K, told me that she would prefer that I limit myself to 3,000 mg a day. The script I picked up today is now telling me that I can take up to (12) pills a day which is close to 4,000 mg a day. Once again, I don't get it. I would think there would be some hard and fast rules in place when it comes to dosage amounts.

And lastly, it would seem that Nurse Jo Ann jumped the gun in telling me that my surgery was tentatively scheduled for next week. I came home just now to a message on my machine from Michelle (not sure who she is in the org chart). My surgery is currently scheduled for Monday, 8/26. There's a possibility that it could get pulled in to Thursday, 8/22, but Michelle says that it's not likely. So, I still have 3 weeks of freedom left before my worldview once again shifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment