Monday, July 1, 2013

July 1st

July 1st - So, I don't think I've had an MRI before. I've had a PET scan where they make you fast and then flood your body with sugar before putting you into a huge machine that scans your entire body. And I've had two CT scans where they put in an IV and after some non-contrast pictures, they put dye in you for the contrast pictures. That's the dye where you feel like you're wetting yourself. On Friday, I was put into an all new and different machine and the dye was injected directly into a vein halfway through the procedure (and I'm happy to report it did NOT make me feel like I was wetting myself!). And let me tell you, it was quite a procedure. Ear plugs, ear cushions, a football helmet type mask, and I was in the machine for almost an hour! Yeesh! Results should be in next week.

Meanwhile, I've used the heating pad a few times now. Not sure if it's helping but it feels really good while I'm using it. Unfortunately I worry that I'm going to fall asleep with it on and while it has an automatic shut off, what if it malfunctions? My mom befriended a little old lady named Mary when I had my car accident, way back when. Mary's lower leg was a bit deformed because the nurses had put a heating pad on her leg and then got busy. It ended up melting part of her leg. Ewwww. Honey bunny only wants me to use the heating pad on nights when he's there so that he can wake me up after 20 minutes of using it. I think that's a really good idea.

Tomorrow is my dentist appointment to get my mouth guards to wear at night. I'm actually looking forward to it because at this point, I'm willing to try anything to stop this continuous ache in my ear. It's been 7 weeks now of constant dull pain. I've become quite a miserable, little human being. I want my happy self back.

I have my next regular check up with Dr. C on July 18th so hopefully I will be able to report in that the ear thing is better by that point in time. We'll see.................

No comments:

Post a Comment