Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 16 - Results are back so I'm reporting in. I love that I can access my test results via the internet. It makes things so much quicker and easier. So, here's exactly what Dr. K. wrote me:

"So all around good news. There is no evidence of anemia, iron deficiency, or thyroid problems causing the hair loss. So, I think it is either an aftereffect of the radiation or that hair loss associated with trauma (remembered the name! Telogen Effluvium)."

I Googled Telogen Effluvium. Basically, my hair follicles have temporarily gone into hibernation, if it's the TE and not the radiation causing my hair loss, of course. Luckily, it's not permanent, and as a bonus, from what I read, I could have lost my eyebrows!! That would have been both funny and gross all at the same time. Ha!

Forgot to weigh in this morning. Weighed in yesterday and the scale said 121.2 again, which is good. I grilled a couple of steaks and whipped up some mashed potatoes for Scott and I last night for dinner. So eating habits continue to improve too.

On the downside, I've caught the cold from hell. I have one of those deep, barking coughs going on, my nose is constantly running while my sinuses are constantly clogged, sore throat, etc. I'm kind of miserable. But, I'll live. I've been drinking Nyquil like there's no tomorrow and hoping that I'll recover quickly.

That's it for the health, in other news, Valentine's Day was fabulous! I am still dating the most wonderful man on the face of the earth and loving it. :-) I didn't get to hike with Kit this morning because she's sick. And I was e-mailing with Patilda a day or so ago and she thinks she's coming down with a sinus infection so my Syracuse plans may be canceled for tomorrow. But, I'm still going to the RocCity Brewfest. Heading out to pick up Mr. Luke in 15 minutes and we're going to taste test a plethora of beers. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment