Friday, February 8, 2013

February 8 - The latest concern from peeps is my 5K running adventure which commences tomorrow. There are some worries about my weight and getting that much exercise. I'm here to reassure you.

With my taste buds starting to flourish, I've been eating voraciously this past week. Shamrock shakes, lobster bisque, steamed mussels, French onion soup, BBQ chicken wings, etc. Just now I even attempted to eat a stromboli for lunch. I was not successful but I get a pat on the back for the attempt. Due to all of this eating, my scale said 122.8 this morning. I'm feeling fully confident that I will be able to maintain my weight even with running four times a week. I promise to not only post regularly but also to weigh myself on the morning of post days and report in.

I'm also pretty aware of my limits and will be careful to not press them too hard (although a little pressing is healthy!). Yoga on Tuesday was intense. We did standing postures and there was one in particular that I simply did not have the core strength to complete. The instructor was egging me on, telling me that I could do it. I finally had to give her 'the look'. Many of you know (and fear!) the look. She physically backed up a step and then you could see the realization dawn on her face that I wasn't being a wimp, I simply have no muscle tone at this point in time. She apologized for forgetting that I'm still recovering and gave me a modified pose to do.

Meanwhile, I received my first homework assignment from the running program. I was supposed to do a brisk 30 minute walk yesterday. Things were still really sore from yoga so I postponed my walk until tonight. See? I know what the word moderation means.......sometimes.

Okay, hopefully that's enough reassurance that all will be well.

Fun stuff: Tonight I'm headed to the theater with Scott to see Warm Bodies. A zombie romance movie. How hilarious is that?? Can't wait! Tomorrow it's running in the morning, snowshoeing with Kit around lunch, and then a 3 Doors Down concert in the evening. On Sunday I'll be at El's house helping her celebrate her son's first birthday and then I'm off to see Movie 43 in the evening, possibly with Ray, or Jamie, or alone. Or maybe I'll break open the Lego Star Wars Saga Wii game I just bought and have myself a gaming night.........always good to stay open to numerous possibilities. :-)

JT snapped a picture of me this morning..........


I then snapped a picture of JT so that those of you who have never met him, have a visual.


Snow is coming down fairly heavy right now. I hear we should have 6-7 inches by 6:00. For those of you who are local, be safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment