Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 18

Man, you just can't take some people anywhere! Kunkel was my designated 'person' for my biopsy yesterday. She kicked things off by telling me my surgeon's ass looked damn fine in his scrubs. Say what?? She thinks he's a cutie-patootie. I told her that if he announced to her that she had cancer she wouldn't find him nearly attractive. (She agreed with this assessment.) She then stepped things up by whipping out her boob for the nurse in the back room so that she could verify it was poison ivy. (Okay, not her whole boob but I blushed and looked away quickly anyway!) Next thing you know the nurse is on the phone with her hubby asking him what home remedies he uses whenever he gets poison ivy so that she can pass along the tips to Kunkel. I'm telling you, if you ever need to get something done, Kunkel is your woman. She topped things off by flirting with my anesthesiologist post surgery. Turns out they're both 100% Italian, their parents come from the same part of Italy, and they both speak a little Italian. Those two were chatting like long lost friends while I'm laying there sucking on ice chips. Which actually wasn't a bad thing. I find it embarrassing to be the center of attention so it was nice that she was a diversion. Hmmmm......maybe I should start taking her to all my 'things'.........

Biospy went fine, I guess. I woke up so that means success, right? I have a stitch in the tip of my tongue (ow). I guess the clamps weren't enough to keep it out of the way. And I don't know what they did to the right side of my lip but it's all swollen and there's 4 white dots on the underside. Maybe the clamps did that (more ow)? And my throat is VERY sore (big ow!).

I wasn't allowed to eat yesterday, not sure I could have with the pain anyway so my scale is back down an entire pound. Super bummer. I now have an entire bottle of liquid Vicodin. I told them I had just picked up my new prescription on Tuesday, were the cops going to come after me if I picked up another prescription on Wednesday?? Obviously not because I'm happily sucking it down. Right after I took it this morning and things numbed up, I hurried up and drank two Carnation breakfast drinks (Let's start shortening that to CBD's, okay?). There was some pain but it was doable. My next dose of pain meds is at 11:15 so I'll suck down two more CBD's for lunch.

My tongue and lip were hurting as well so I dug through my bin of meds from last year and found the lidocaine gel I had been using. Totally did the trick! I noticed it's almost gone but it had a refill on it from a year ago so I called it in. It wasn't supposed to be ready until 10:30 today but when Kunkel went to Weggie's to pick up the liquid Vicodin for me last night, they already had the bottle of lidocaine ready. So, I'm all set with pain management drugs for some time to come.

Meanwhile, Dr. C cruised past my bed while I was sucking ice chips and he said he had to run upstairs but he would be back down to talk to me about what he found. Then the next thing I know he called down to say that he would just call me today to talk to me. So, here I sit. Waiting for that phone call.

I wasn't actually going to post until after the phone call but I've received a number of individual inquiries about how the biopsy went so I figured I should let everyone know I survived. Heck, I'm even hard at work today (kinda) even though I feel like I ran a 5k yesterday. Which I need to ask Dr. C about. Why do my leg muscles ache so bad? They started aching as soon as I got home yesterday. What in the world did they do to me while I was out??

No comments:

Post a Comment