Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 30

My work phone rang at 3:45 today with Dr. C's name on the ID. It was Becky. She said she was calling to see if I still wanted to keep my appointment tomorrow morning. I told her I definitely wanted to keep it, that I wanted to discuss surgery with Dr. C. She said that I wouldn't actually get to see Dr. C, I would be with Dr. B but Dr. B is well aware of my case so all should be well. I said okay. We hung up.

I then sat there and stewed for half an hour.

I called Becky back and told her that I was really expecting to talk to Dr. C tomorrow, and I wasn't sure that talking to Dr. B was going to cut it for me. She said no problem, let me fix that for you, and started looking for an opening with Dr. C. I interrupted her and told her that this was kind of awkward but the reason I wanted to see Dr. C is because I'd like Dr. M to do my surgery but I feel like I should talk to Dr. C about it before I move forward and that I've been feeling bad for a handful of days now because I basically feel like I'm "breaking up" with Dr. C. She immediately shushed me. She said that it's my body and my life and that I should do whatever makes me most comfortable. She said that everyone in Dr. C's office only wishes the absolute best for me. She then said that she would cancel my appointment for tomorrow but that she would have Dr. C call me tonight.

Dr. C called about an hour ago. I told him the meeting with Dr. M went great and that I walked out of there wanting to schedule the surgery immediately. He told me that he holds Dr. M in the highest regard and that he knows I'll be in the best of hands and he told me that I shouldn't feel like I'm "breaking up" (yeah, I can't believe Becky told him I said that!!) with him. He asked what Dr. M said he was going to do. I told him that Dr. M pretty much told me all the same stuff that he, Dr. C, had told me. He then asked me how I was doing otherwise. The answer is fine, of course. I asked him how I go about making this change. Do I just call Dr. M and ask him to put me in the books? Dr. C confirmed that that was all I needed to do. He also said that he talks to Dr. M just about every week so he will be keeping an eye on me anyway. He then wished me luck and we hung up.

So, that's that. Tomorrow I call Ann and ask her to get the ball rolling with getting the surgery scheduled with Dr. M ASAP.

Other sundry health stuff.......

I tried eating a miniscule piece of french fry drenched in gravy on Saturday and spent 5 minutes choking on it in the bathroom. With that, I have officially given up trying to eat food. I'm back on full liquids only. I'm even crushing my Vicodin and putting it in juice rather than splitting the pills in half and trying to take them because even they were getting stuck more than 50% of the time.

And I've been staying away from the scale because I just really don't want to know. I was shopping for a pair of jeans last weekend and grabbed a size 4 off the shelf and had to exchange it for a size 2 after a trip to the fitting room. That's not good. 'Nuff said.

My ear ache has been getting worse. Sometimes within an hour of taking the Vicodin it's back to aching again. I also have no idea what to do when I run out of pain meds now that I will no longer be seeing Dr. C. I feel weird hitting Dr. M up for some narcotics after only one 'date'. Maybe Dr. K will help me out if I get desperate enough. Meanwhile, baby doll only used a few of his pain pills from his surgery so he's going to hand over the rest of them to me. I should be set for a while. Maybe even set all the way up until surgery if it happens quick enough.

And mentally, I've had a rough two days. Not sure what the problem is. I think all of this waiting around stuff is grating on my nerves. Let's just do the damn surgery already! So, I've been a bit glum. Upon arriving at work this morning, JT came over to say 'hi' and I simply started crying. He gave me a huge hug and let me get his shirt soggy. I hate spontaneous meltdowns. <sigh> And yes, I really do try to schedule them. I was feeling the need for a good cry last Thursday and told my sweetie that I was going to hang tough until we got home but I was then planning on laying down and having myself a nice big sob-fest. Unfortunately, I was simply so relieved to finally be home, with baby doll tucked in safe and sound, surrounded by my cozy little life, that the need to cry simply evaporated.

Fun stuff:

Because yes, fun stuff DOES still happen even with a cancerous tumor growing in your head!

Scott and I headed back to Waterloo Outlet Mall last Friday. The number one thing on our shopping list was to find him a new pair of sneakers which did not end up happening the week before. Plus, we only made it to half the stores on that first trip. He found a really cool pair on this second trip. I was still unsuccessful in finding a pair of white sandals that I like but I DID find some adorable clothes. This time around I'm the one who made out like a bandit while my sweetheart's credit card did all the heavy lifting. Payback isn't always a bitch. Sometimes it rocks! LOL!

At some point in time this past week we went and saw The Conjuring. It was pretty creepy. We both enjoyed it.

On Saturday we drove out to Charlotte Beach, grabbed some lunch, and walked the pier. It was perfect weather. Not too warm, partially cloudy with a nice breeze. It was a good day to be outside. We ended the afternoon with some frozen custard from Abbott's. Ahhhh........such a good life.

I'm now running around trying to make one last 'date' with as many friends as I can before my surgery. Thursday night I'm having the boys over for a poker game, Friday night is a work happy hour, Sunday is golfing with Sandi, Tuesday I'm heading to Oswego to hang out with T for a couple of hours, and Wednesday I took a half day from work so that Elvisa and I can go on a mad, crazy thrift store shopping spree. I still need to make a plan with Sammy and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few peeps that might want to hear my lovely, muffled speech one last time before I stop being able to talk for an extended period but I'm sure they'll holler if they want some calendar time with me.

And now I'm off to mess around on my iPad for a while, eagerly awaiting the arrival of the light of my life around 9:00. I keep trying to convince myself that the anticipation is enjoyable but I'm just kidding myself. I hate when he works the late shift. 1 hour, 59 minutes and counting..........

No comments:

Post a Comment