Friday, September 13, 2013

September 13 - Part II

I'm home! I'm home!

And I'm currently tied to my IV pole, eating, so I thought I'd entertain you a little further today.

HHAT (Haul Her Ass Transport) once again came through for me. The CEO couldn't come get me himself because he had a meeting but my best bud, JT, came to get my sorry butt. I haven't seen him in weeks! He's been traveling for work and doing shooting matches on the weekends. So, it was wonderful to once again lay eyes on him and give him a great big hug!

A week or so ago my primary doctor's office left a message on my machine asking me to call back. I sent a note to my fave doc in the world, through the patient portal, letting her know I can no longer speak. She talked to the girl who left the message but the girl couldn't remember why she had called. Thought things were set. Got home just now, two more messages from that office. Really? <sigh>

Meanwhile, I'll be seeing her, Dr. K, on October 1st anyway. Dr. Brendan said when I came in for surgery this time my thyroid count was at 14 which I guess is okay? But they took blood again last night and it's back up to 44 or something, which I guess is bad. They've upped my dose of thyroid medicine once again but it sounds like 200 mcg is a lot of this medicine to take and they don't understand why my thyroid is suddenly so under-active and out of control. They want me to see my PCP to see if she can sort me out. I hope it's not my birth control implant!!

Special note for JBB: I vomited last night! Shhhhh. Don't tell the nurses. It was not traumatic at all, just took me by surprise. My mouth suddenly flooded with Jevity and I leaned over and let it pour into the garbage can next to me. There was no dry heaving, no salivating as a warning, nothing. T'wasn't uncomfortable at all, although worrisome that it happened. Hasn't happened yet again today but I'm obviously going to be on the lookout because it's simply not healthy.

The boys were once again really leary of me when I got home. I think I smell really different to them after a hospital stay. I roughed up their fur, did bongo drums on their tummies, and gave them treats. All was well. The cats on the other hand were not happy to see me this time around. I think it's the trach tube. I sound a little like Darth Vader when I breathe now. As soon as I approached them, they both went hightailing it out of the room. Granted, this didn't last long. Ten minutes later Daisy was all over me when I was trying to give Freedom some love-loves. But I was really upset at first!

Okay, feed is done. I think I'm going to take a nap and then I need to pay my bills. I paid my electric bill out of the second paycheck last month instead of the first because hey, I always get their stupid bill two days after I'm done paying bills from the first paycheck. I figured I would just wait until I sat down to pay bills again before paying. Boy, was that a mistake. Within a week I received 2-3 nasty letters stating they were going to shut me off! What a bunch of crap. You'd think after being their customer for 16+ years they'd take a chill pill. I actually sent a text to Jamie on 9/11 just to verify that they got my payment in time and didn't really shut me off. He said all was well. No more messing with the electric company!

No comments:

Post a Comment