Monday, September 30, 2013

September 30

Okay, I'm totally loving the hair. It doesn't get stuck under my neck bandage, doesn't get sucked into my stoma, and it's so easy to wash that yesterday I actually washed it twice! Not that I had planned on that. After my shower yesterday morning I put a little pomade in my hair to try and give it the beachy look like Jen did. Yeah, no. I think I used too much because I looked like a total grease ball. I finally couldn't stand it and at 5:30 yesterday evening I washed it again. This time I didn't use any hair products. Just blew it most of the way dry and I was happy. The girls at work today told me that it looks just like when Jen did it so it would seem to be a maintenance free style. Love it!

I had reported in about tossing cookies once before although I think it was just because I bent over right after eating that it happened. Well, Saturday I tossed cookies for real. I wasn't feeling good while I was getting my haircut and I thought I was going to lose it on the drive home but I managed to get home without an incident. I decided that maybe I was hungry. That was a bad move. No sooner did the feed end and I was in the bathroom with my head in the toilet. I'm happy to report that it's still very easy to puke now. There's no gagging or dry heaving involved, it's very painless. ;-) I finally figured out what the problem may have been. A lot of the meds that I take should be taken with food. When I did my morning feed, I kept dozing off so I decided that maybe I wasn't ready to get up yet. I stopped mid-feed and went back to bed for an hour and a half. When I got up again I didn't finish the feed but I took all my morning meds. Note to self, don't do that again.

Had a peaceful day with my hot, hot man on Saturday. We ended up going to the zoo. It was a good day for it. We got to ride in the vette with the top down, walk around a beautiful, little zoo and view all the cool animals, it was a good day.

Yesterday was the big social outing for the Breaking Bad finale. I ended up watching the first 3 episodes on Saturday night so that I would have some clue as to what was going on. Sunday was spent cooking. I made 7 layer bars, tortilla rollups, bacon wrapped lil smokies, sausage and cheese stuffed jalepenos, and Texas caviar. Yeah, I went a little overboard. Needless to say a lot of leftovers were taken to QED this morning. But the peeps last night seemed to enjoy all the goodies. And I had fun hanging out. Baby doll has most excellent work peeps, just like me. :-)

On the health front, that stupid spot on my road rash is refusing to heal!! Every morning I gently pull the bandage off and every morning it starts bleeding again. Ugh.

Today was the last of my antibiotics so I will be paying extra good attention to what is going on with my neck from here on out. And baby doll now knows that if a funky odor starts up, it means infection has set in and he has promised to notify me about it. I told him he needs to promise to notify me about any type of hygiene issue. Bad breath, body odor, whatever. Not being able to smell really sucks. I lit all 5 of my tart burners today. I put in something called cranberry peppermint. Hopefully my house smells good. <sigh> And last night when Scott and I got home from the BB thing I wanted a CBD. I pulled out my milk and it said that it expires on 9/29. I had to have him smell it for me to let me know if it was still good or not. Sheesh.

My neck continues to look a teeny bit better every day. I still can't swallow my own spit. My ankles are still unbelievably swollen. I feel like my stoma is still shrinking (I'm asking the doc about this on Thursday.) I have VERY limited movement in my neck when it comes to looking up. Down, and side to side have greatly improved but looking up is getting worse. I'm hoping this week Dr. M will finally give me the okay to start working on the neck exercises that the physical therapist gave me. I also got a note saying that Michelle, the speech therapist, will also be seeing me on Thursday at 1:00 along with Dr. M, so maybe things are going to start moving in the eating/speaking department as well. Fingers crossed.

My second month of lary supplies was delivered today. They sent two nebulizer tubing setup thingies that I've never seen before and that I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with. The kid who delivered didn't seem to know either.  Ah well.

I think that's about it for excitement over here. Sammy sent me a birthday present today. It's a paraffin bath for my nasty, cracked fingers I have going on. I'm super psyched to try it out so I'm off to play..........

No comments:

Post a Comment