Friday, September 20, 2013

September 20

Yesterday was by far, the most relaxing day I've had in months. No doctor's appointments, no VNS popping in, no deliveries from Upstate Medical Supply. It was simply a day to scuff around and do nothing. And boy, did I do NOTHING. It felt wonderful. :-)

Did I mention that the paella I made last week was a huge success?? And I had no idea it was so much fun cooking in a wok! Tonight I'm making a steak and pepper stir fry for the man. The recipe isn't actually FOR a stir fry, I just want to use my wok again so I'm making into a stir fry. Ha!

There were a couple of bittersweet moments this week. When the guys walked into my house for cards a couple of days ago they were oohing and ahhing over how good my house smelled (remember I was baking brownies). It kind of bummed me out because I smelled absolutely nothing. Then yesterday I was doing laundry and I scooped an armload of clothes out of the dryer and dumped them in a basket. This caused an uprush of air and I actually smelled the fabric softener! I was so excited! Then I realized I was excited because 9% of the time I have no sense of smell. <sigh>

My friend, ElRay, sent me an e-mail the other day that made me cry. She was talking about how angry she is with Strong because she feels that I'm so "unprepared" to deal with what's going on with my body. She hit that nail on the head, which is why I cried. I DO feel really unprepared. I ended up sending a huge ass e-mail to Michelle, the speech therapist, telling her different ways I can see Strong improving their resources for lary's. I'm trying to get her on board to help me effect some change and tempting her by promising donations of Boogie Boards to her cause. She said she's in, we'll see what happens.

Since babydoll and I aren't going on the cruise, I decided that a couple of nights in Niagara Falls would be doable. We can drive a car there which means I can load the trunk up with all of my equipment and medical supplies. And it's only an hour and a half drive so if something goes terribly wrong, we can be back home in no time. I found a decent, cheap hotel that was offering discount attraction tickets on a bunch of the stuff I want to do like Ripley's and Fear Factory. So, for $416, I will be spending my 44th birthday with a hot man, doing some fun crap in Canada. Damned if I'll let this cancer stuff ruin yet another birthday vacation of mine!!

Scott's great-niece has a birthday coming up. I asked what type of goody I should bring. Here's what was selected: http://decktheholidays.blogspot.com/2011/11/oreo-turkeys-and-cookie-pilgrim-hats.html?m=1. How fun are those?? I can't wait to go shopping and give them a whirl!

Okay, that's about it for today. I'm sitting here killing time, waiting for Kit to pick me up so that I can finally get these darned staples out. I'm going to go work on my new puzzle for a bit..........

No comments:

Post a Comment