Tuesday, July 3, 2012

From JT:  An update from Scott who just called the hospital: Cathy is doing fine and will be moved from the ICU to a standard recovery room tonight or tomorrow.  If I find out anything else I'll let everyone know.

I just got forwarded this info from Patty:

The nurse asked Q if they could talk to me – guess she said, “yes!”   I didn’t ask about the face splitting thing, but the nurse said the surgery went as planned, that they’ve had her up out of bed and walking around a bit today, that she is in very good spirits and coming along nicely.  She’s not on a morphine drip, but can request morphine as she needs it.  They will be doing some tests tomorrow and she suspects she may be assigned to a regular room either tomorrow or the next day.

2 comments:

  1. Hello everyone:) I just talked to the nurse's station -- couldn't talk directly to Q's nurse because she was busy getting Q ready to be moved to a regular, private, room on West 6th, Room 16. Again I was told Q is in great spirits and doing extremely well!

    I'm calling later today after she is settled in her new room and can hopefully ask some more direct questions. By the way, I wheedled my way into being her hospital "spokesperson" because I am listed as her alternate on her health proxy which is why they are willing to speak with me. Glad I had Quinn add me on to that form!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just talked with nurse Nellie on West 6th floor. Cathy is settled into her room and is doing great. She is independently moving around and is in good spirits and is not complaining about too much pain. She is complaining about her trach, though. It is bothering her. Nurse Nellie said that because she is so young, she is coming along faster than would the normal patients who have this operation (60+ years old), and they may be able to remove the trach sooner in 3 or 4 days if the swelling goes down enough.

    She did NOT have to have her lip and chin split. A biopsy from the surgery will take about 10 days to find out what stage the cancer was at, and that will determine what kind of treatment she will need to have, radiation and/or chemo.

    ReplyDelete