Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9 - IV guy didn't show up until 2:00 AM, poked me twice and didn't get a vein, I sent him away saying that I didn't think I really needed antibiotics anymore. Nurse showed up bright and early this morning and said the doctor agreed with me, no more IVs! Yay!

Had an actual breakfast this morning. Who knew plain oatmeal, vanilla pudding, and OJ could taste so good! And holy crap, I had forgotten how much I enjoy coffee! Life is definitely looking up!

Everyone seems to think I'll be released tomorrow. Unfortunately this is the second day in a row that I haven't seen the actual doctor, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the masses are speaking the truth.

Plastic surgeon was in today to take the staples out of the tissue graft site. I refused to look at it the entire time he was at work. It's bad enough that I have to look at the long lines of stitches running up the sides of my neck every day, I'm going to spare myself the view of my arm for a while. I'm allowed to be a wuss sometimes! Plus Lisa, the PA in training who has been hanging around since I was admitted, looked for me. We then went into a huddled conference afterward so that she could reassure me that my arm is not a total nightmare. BTW, I've been having 'old' moments every day that I've been here, numerous times a day. I swear Lisa can't possibly have graduated high school yet, and most of the other people working with me seem to fall into the 'children' category. <sigh> Seriously sucks getting old.

That's about it for updates. All I want right now is a shower. Not that I'm going to be allowed one any time soon but I can at least lean over the bathtub at home and wash my stinkin' hair! Eau du Quinny is not a scent I would recommend. ;-P

No comments:

Post a Comment