Sunday, July 22, 2012

July 22 - ARRGHH! This neck incision is going to be the death of me! It had finally stopped leaking last Tues/Wed. I think the hole it was leaking through actually healed up too. Then I noticed Friday night (why does it act up on the weekends when none of my doctors are available??) that my neck was getting all puffy and sore again but nothing could leak since the hole had healed. This morning I took a shower and between the hot water, steam, and movement in washing my hair, the incision opened again and drained. This should have come as a relief except as soon as it was done draining it started bleeding. A lot. I sat there for 10 minutes putting pressure on it. It looks like instead of a little 1/4" hole opening up, an entire inch or more of the incision has re-opened! Have I mentioned that my body seriously grosses me out nowadays? So, I am now once again swathing my neck in bandages and am sitting quietly on the couch. <sigh>

Since I was getting nekkid for the shower this morning, I hopped on the scale. I'm down another 3 pounds. I think I need to step up my eating habits a little. What makes it hard is that the antibiotics that I'm on don't react well with calcium. So, my yogurt, pudding, fortified juices, cottage cheese, ice cream, creamy soups, etc. all get taken off the table for a large chunk of the day. Based on the instructions on the label, I can only have calcium from 9 AM until noon and 9 PM until midnight!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy!
    I hope you are feeling better. I was reading your blog entries and am amazed by your great attitude. Sounds like a rough time but you are so positive. FYI: My mom gave me your blog address. Well I just wanted to say hi and wish you well. :) Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steve! Long time no chat! How are the babies? You need to tell your Mom I need some pics. :-)

      Delete