Friday, July 6, 2012

July 6 - It's me, it's me! I believe I managed to hack a pc in one of the visitor's lounges! I'm always surprised to find the depths I will sink to in order to get my 'word in edgewise'. So surgery. Boy, that was just a blast and a half, let me tell you.

Woke up Monday night and the dirty deed was done. Turns out JT totally knew what he was talking about with the trach thing. This thing is freaking me out! I haven't really needed any pain meds (granted I HAVE taken some, simply because they're available) but it turns out what I really needed was some anti-anxiety meds due to the trach. I didn't sleep the first 24 hours b/c I was so afraid of choking! Luckily, it should be coming out tomorrow so I won't have to worry about it much longer.

Meanwhile, I'm up raisin' hell in the hallways, all seems to have gone well. Pathology on the tumor came back today. Doc said he doesn't recommend radiation lightly but based on its size, he's definitely recommending it for me. He said he's 100% sure he got all the cancer out and 80% sure it won't come back. Having radiation makes him 100% sure it won't come back.

OK, I'm keeping this short 'cause typing with one hand sucks plus I think Hannah is going off shift and I want to see who is replacing her. I have a total girl crush on a nurse names Erica, I hope it's her! More to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment