Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 21 - Not a heck of a lot happening over here. I'm lazing my way through the dog days of summer. My days are spent reading, napping, and screwing around on my computer. Oh, and visiting, of course. RayB stopped by for a beer and some gossip earlier this week, Jer stopped in at lunch on Thursday, last night Messner stopped in to entertain me for a while....

Being in customer service, I'm used to talking (e-mailing) with hundreds of people every week. I enjoy a week long break from humans every few months but I have now been on a 3 week break and I'm dying. So, the visitors popping over and giving me a little human contact are hugely appreciated!

When I changed the bandage on my arm this morning, it looks like the smaller of the two rub spots is fading. Yay! So, hopefully the larger rub spot will be following that same path over the next few days.

The purple stuff that the PA put on the trach hole is definitely working, I believe in less than a week it will be fully healed. 

I'm still not able to close my teeth so no fun eating yet. PA had mentioned I can try some soft fish. I think I'm going to hit the grocery store today. I'm out of yogurt, pudding and soup as well. And really, there must be other interesting soft stuff that I can eat, right? I'm thinking guacamole, hummus, peanut butter......

Did you know that you clench your teeth when you sneeze? When you blow your nose? Yeah, it's like when you pull a muscle at the gym and you suddenly realize how often you use that muscle. I now know what activities call for clenched teeth!

Meanwhile, I was surfing the web recently and found a fun fact about taste buds on Wikipedia:

The tongue map or taste map is a common misconception that different sections of the tongue are exclusively responsible for different basic tastes. It is illustrated with a schematic map of the tongue, with certain parts of the tongue labeled for each taste. Although widely taught in schools, this was scientifically disproven by later research; all taste sensations come from all regions of the tongue, although parts may be more sensitive to certain flavors.[



That's all I've got. Hope everyone is staying cool out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment